• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

royal mail

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mailman: You are quite correct. I kept getting them so I set up some spare HDTV cameras to watch as the guy got out of his van, just put the note through the door, went back to the van and drove off. He never made any attempt to deliver and certainly did not ring the door bell.

IIRC I sold the video to Central TV and it got on the local news. Which was nice.

Didn't get any mail at all for a few days after that, until they swapped the posties around.
    Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
    threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

"Well behaved women rarely make history"

Comment

Having sent thousand of parcels overseas..If you ever need to send a parcel overseas, or internal for that matter, never ever send them through 'Royal Mail', always use parcel force (which goes a totally different way). 9 times out of ten it will be quicker, cheaper and trackable.

Problem is most people go into the post office and ask the numpty behind the counter which way to send it.
        Last edited by Bagpuss; 26 April 2006, 09:04.
        The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss
          Having sent thousand of parcels overseas..If you ever need to send a parcel overseas, or internal for that matter, never ever send them through 'Royal Mail', always use parcel force (which goes a totally different way). 9 times out of ten it will be quicker, cheaper and trackable.
          Yes, after this experience I will never use royal mail for anything important ever again!

just as an update - I rang the skills assessment people in Oz last night and they HAVE received my parcel... in fact they received it only about 5 days after I posted it.

Does change the fact that RM's tracking software doesn't work and they weren't able to tell me whether they had delivered it.
          "Well behaved women rarely make history"

Comment

Originally posted by janey
            Yes, after this experience I will never use royal mail for anything important ever again!

just as an update - I rang the skills assessment people in Oz last night and they HAVE received my parcel... in fact they received it only about 5 days after I posted it.

Does change the fact that RM's tracking software doesn't work and they weren't able to tell me whether they had delivered it.
            To get it in 5 days is pretty good, IMHO Parcel Force are second only to UPS in terms of service. The royal mail is very good if you know how to use it. People complain about the service but a lot of the independants are worse or vastly most expensive.

Tip for the day: Recorded post goes in the stream with special delivery, so you get the premium service for 50p.
            The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Working...
            X