• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

QE fooks you over, warns utter cretin at the helm

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    Is everyone getting > 5% pay awards then? Otherwise, how does having less money to pay your debts as the cost of living is rising help the debtors or the lenders?

Answers on a postcard please...
    Theoretically price inflation might very well lead to wage inflation.

But then it might not, in which case DOOOOOOM!
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
      Is everyone getting > 5% pay awards then? Otherwise, how does having less money to pay your debts as the cost of living is rising help the debtors or the lenders?

Answers on a postcard please...
      It does make you wonder how sustainable base rate + some small amount interest rate mortgages are, when the banks receive interest payments being eroded at 5% a year (or more likely 10%-20%).

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
        It does make you wonder how sustainable base rate + some small amount interest rate mortgages are, when the banks receive interest payments being eroded at 5% a year (or more likely 10%-20%).
        Oh good, so we get to rescue the banks again? That'll be nice.

Comment

The government are bankers is so true.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
            It's only Fair.

You wouldn't want the poor dears to miss their bonuses, now would you?
            Not at all as long as they then **** off and leave us all alone. Here in Holland and in other places failing directors and bankers are often paid an 'oprotpremie', translation ' piss off premium'; it's a big bonus to get the hell out, usually more than enough for most people to retire comfortably. The guy who's made a big mess of HP just got a 'piss off premium' of 14 million dollars, after he'd already got a few million from SAP for almost destroying their business. My only complaint about this practise is that the recipients don't tend to 'piss off' after recieving their failure bonus, but move on to some other place they can destroy.

If someone were to give me a 'piss off premium' of 14 million dollars I'd get the message, piss off and never pollute the workplace with my presence again. What's so hard about that?

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
              Why? Is the UK planning to switch to US currency?

Hmm, might work.
              Well, at least it will stop people spending a penny on tramps.
              While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by PAH View Post
                Not sure how inflation affects national debt. Wouldn't surprise me if the clowns in charge have the debt linked to inflation so it's worse off too.
                About 20% of our national debt is inflation linked

Comment

Originally posted by centurian View Post
                  About 20% of our national debt is inflation linked

The rest is on the government's credit card at 29% APR now the 0% period has expired.
                  Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
                  Feist - I Feel It All
                  Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil.

Some people, eager for money - have pierced themselves with many griefs.

Your wealth has rotted, and moths have eaten your clothes.

Hebrews 13:5 Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have.

Because God has said, "Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you."

Comment

Working...
                    X