• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What price your beliefs ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What price your beliefs ?

The controversy surrounding the novel (The Da Vinci Code) is addressed in a new exhibition at Winchester Cathedral, where two scenes from the upcoming movie version were filmed.

Cracking the Code, say organisers, will offer the opportunity "to make your own mind up on The Da Vinci Code, learn about some of the mistakes in the novel and understand more about the great spiritual mystery at the heart of Christian belief".

The exhibition's curator, Professor Michael Wheeler, will give a talk on Monday in which he will discuss the "inaccuracies and absurdities" in Brown's "sensationalist thriller".

The Cathedral was paid a reported £20,000 location fee to appear in the film, released in the UK on 19 May.

Jesus (pardon the pun), the guy couldnt buy better advertising!

EVERYONE knows its a work of fiction...why continue the charad of "disproving" it because all that does is advertise his book even more!

However, seeing the guy just won his plagerism case, it will be intesting to see how his next book pans out because if that turns up as nothing more than a pile of dung AND is VERY different in style from his first book then I wonder if he will be hit with another plagerism case?

Mailman

Comment

plagiarism

Comment

You've just copied that from somewhere else!
        Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
        threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by Mailman
          Jesus (pardon the pun), the guy couldnt buy better advertising!

EVERYONE knows its a work of fiction...why continue the charad of "disproving" it because all that does is advertise his book even more!

However, seeing the guy just won his plagerism case, it will be intesting to see how his next book pans out because if that turns up as nothing more than a pile of dung AND is VERY different in style from his first book then I wonder if he will be hit with another plagerism case?

Mailman
          he's written 2 more since that one, both best sellers I believe
          Your parents ruin the first half of your life and your kids ruin the second half

Comment

Originally posted by MrsGoof
            he's written 2 more since that one, both best sellers I believe
            They're also in the same formula... Young Beautiful Intelligent Heroine... Blah blah bollocks.

Comment

The opening page from one of them is copied almost verbatim. Bloke wakes up in hotel to knocking on the door etc.

Comment

Working...
              X