• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Hillsborough

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Independent: Liverpool are 'the worst fans in Europe' says Uefa report

We (Uefa) have an independent police report mentioning 25 incidents since 2003 caused by Liverpool fans away from home.

In the 2007 final, thousands of ticketless fans rushed the gates, gained access with forged tickets or stole from genuine ticket-holders and were to blame for filling the Olympic Stadium beyond capacity and leaving the Greek authorities no option but to shut the gates early.

Phil Hammond, whose son Philip was among the 96 Liverpool supporters who died in the Hillsborough disaster in 1989 and is now chairman of the Hillsborough Family Support Group, has stated: "My heart sank as I stood and watched what was happening. After what happened at Sheffield in 1989 I couldn't believe Liverpool fans, of all people, could do such dangerous things. I honestly feared people were going to get crushed and we were going to have another Hillsborough.

"It was disgusting," Hammond added. "The people who stormed into the stadium are the scum of the earth."

I remember loads of scousers boasting how they'd blagged their way into their previous final in Istanbul in 2005.
    Last edited by Doggy Styles; 17 October 2011, 21:49.

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
      Independent: Liverpool are 'the worst fans in Europe' says Uefa report

We (Uefa) have an independent police report mentioning 25 incidents since 2003 caused by Liverpool fans away from home.

In the 2007 final, thousands of ticketless fans rushed the gates, gained access with forged tickets or stole from genuine ticket-holders and were to blame for filling the Olympic Stadium beyond capacity and leaving the Greek authorities no option but to shut the gates early.

Phil Hammond, whose son Philip was among the 96 Liverpool supporters who died in the Hillsborough disaster in 1989 and is now chairman of the Hillsborough Family Support Group, has stated: "My heart sank as I stood and watched what was happening. After what happened at Sheffield in 1989 I couldn't believe Liverpool fans, of all people, could do such dangerous things. I honestly feared people were going to get crushed and we were going to have another Hillsborough.

"It was disgusting," Hammond added. "The people who stormed into the stadium are the scum of the earth."

I remember loads of scousers boasting how they'd blagged their way into their previous final in Istanbul in 2005.
      Heysel too.

I've been a regular home and away supporter of Bolton Wanderers during the 70's and 80's and going to liverpool was the worst, if it.s not being gobbed on at Anfield it's having the scarf ripped off my neck at Goodison, 1979...

Then they wallow in the devastation they cause, lay wreaths, and plead its not out fault. This guy was on the radio today, scouser, paralleling how in 1848 in The Times it's the same old story, liverpool blamed etc, derrr, maybe there's a pattern here?

Comment

There seems to be a pattern of self-pity/"it weren't our fault" among many up there.

Comment

There seems to be a pattern of self-pity/"it weren't our fault" among many up there.
          Oi! Whining Scousers are definitely not the same as Whining Mancs!

Comment

the level of ignorance demonstrated in the posts on this thread is amazing

the families of the Hillsborough victims have only ever wanted the truth to be told about how their loved ones came to lose their lives on that fateful day

they have had to fight against wide spread demonisation of their family members and fellow Liverpool fans and listen to proven lies be perpetuated throughout the years to such an extent that they seem to have become the commonly accepted "truth" as demonstrated by many in this thread

all this despite the Taylor report exonerating Liverpool fans on that day and pinning the blame of what happened on that day at the feet of South Yorkshire Police and the officer in charge Chief Superintendent David Duckenfield.

For those who haven't read the Taylor report it summarises that:

[*]Sheffield Wednesday had serious deficiencies in the safety of its ground[*]The Hillsborough ground did not have a valid safety certificate[*]The 24,000 Liverpool fans had to be funnelled through just 23 turnstiles in the north and west sides of the ground, including the nasty Leppings Lane terrace.[*]he police did not manage to get supporters through before kick-off and a crush developed outside[*]Duckenfield, commanding his first football match, ordered an exit gate to be opened, so that hundreds of fans could enter together, but in doing so he did not direct supporters away from the already full leppings lane central "pens", which were already full[*]Duckenfield lied and told the FA's chief executive, Graham Kelly, on the scene, that fans had forced the exit gate, when in fact Duckenfield had ordered it to be opened[*]South Yorkshire Police consistently peddled to the media and the Taylor inquest that fans had been drunk when there was no such evidence[*]whilst fans were dying on the pitch only 3 ambulances were let onto the pitch, whilst over 30 were made to wait outside the ground[*]the coroners report gave 3:15 as a cut off time after which point he said no one else could be saved, this despite testimony from a police officer who gave evidence that she was trying to resuscitate Anne Williams' 15 year old son Kevin at 3:28 and felt a pulse lifted his arms and his last words were "mum" before he slipped into unconsciousness and died at approximately 4pm

I'm paraphrasing most of these points but these are just some of the high level reasons why the families have never felt that they have had the truth told to them for over 22 years, all they want is the truth and for guilty parties to be brought to justice, a reasonable request that anyone of us would insist upon

so those of you who still think that the Liverpool fans brought it on themselves, please take 5 mins and do a little reading and ask yourself how you would feel if it were your loved ones crushed to death because of a failure in policing and then to have their memories besmirched by a conspiracy of lies designed to deflect blame away from those truly responsible . remember many of those who died were teenagers young kids who went to watch a football match and didn't return home

YNWA

Comment

Demonisation? I'll repeat this for your benefit:

Comment

Scouse on scouse sledging. I like it.

Comment

athens was wrong no question and some idiots need to have a look at themselves but you can't tell me politicans and national papers accussing liverpools fans of "robbing from the dead" "beating up police officers" and "urinating on those trying to help" isn't demonisation, they were lies then and they are lies now

Comment

Sorry Filthy, but I am not buying the Scouse propaganda either.
                    The ground was the same ground that had hosted semi finals for years.
                    The police should not even be involved in football, it should be self policing so to blame them when it goes wrong is a tad unfair.
                    A few thousand Scousers got their travel times wrong and instead of behaving like civilized people they decided to push and shove to make sure they got into the ground. Thus forcing the police into doing something about the ensuing chaos. People were being crushed outside the gate and it was opened to alleviate that pressure. Those same people then forced their way into an enclosure that was already full.

Those people died in a tragedy. Re-opening the case now and publishing old reports is unlikely to do any good. It may turn out to be less than satisfactory on all sides. If the unseen documents show the police and officials did everything possible then the Scousers will not accept it. Obviously there are no reports on the Scousers. There will have been no internal enquiries made by the fan clubs or the people of Liverpool so any unseen reports will give a biased vision anyway.

It is in nobodies interest. Maybe they should all decide to mourn a tragedy and try to move on.
                    Just saying like.

where there's chaos, there's cash !

I could agree with you, but then we would both be wrong!

Lowering the tone since 1963

Comment

Originally posted by filthy1980 View Post
                      athens was wrong no question and some idiots need to have a look at themselves but you can't tell me politicans and national papers accussing liverpools fans of "robbing from the dead" "beating up police officers" and "urinating on those trying to help" isn't demonisation, they were lies then and they are lies now
                      But.. but.. but... you're talking out of your arse.

Where's the proof?

Comment

Working...
                      X