• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Car Finance

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by speedo View Post
    mileage will not be an issue, as i will defintely do les than 10k on average.....
    So you want to spend about £65K (car plus finance) on a car that you will hardly use? Just as an aside. With some careful investigations you could buy a Bentley GT continental for less than your BWM will depreciate over the time of your finance agreement.. There's is a Mulsan GT on auto trader for £37K! Your could even afford to go with a high milage car (even cheaper) on the basis that buy the time you hardly use it for 3 years its milage would come down to be less than average. and you wouldn't have to put up with people calling you nasty names...

Comment

It's a bollocks post from a sockie. No-one on this planet is stupid enough to do what the OP suggests - apart from SASGuru that is. He's got to keep up with his neighbours.

Comment

Chap I know does this a lot, seems to work out ok although he can usually get a better trade-in on the vehicle elsewhere (with potentially less grief over every scratch) than the guaranteed payment, so that might be an option when the time comes.
        Seems like a very expensive way to get a car to me and can never be sure on mileage over 3 years due to contracting.
        New cars cost and lose a fortune blah blah, you know all this. I ALWAYS buy from cash I have stored up, got to keep monthly expenses down JIC.
        SO many really nice cars available 12-18 months old and mint, does it have to be new.
        Also - ALL cars get very routine very quickly, even if it's something flash it just feels normal after a short time.
        Best for me would be a different car every 3 months, doesn't have to be flash just a change would be great.

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
          It's a bollocks post from a sockie. No-one on this planet is stupid enough to do what the OP suggests - apart from SASGuru that is. He's got to keep up with his neighbours.
          Aygo's don't come cheap!
          Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
            Yeah that's why I have a 6 year old MPS, you silly twunt.
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
              Yeah that's why I have a 6 year old MPS, you silly twunt.
              Oi lads!!!

I got him to bite. How many points do I get?

Comment

just to clear things up... the car will not be used to commute to work, it will simply be a family car!

Comment

just to clear things up... the car will not be used to commute to work, it will simply be a family car!
                  You're not serious, are you?

Comment

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
                    You're not serious, are you?
                    I am serious... family is growing so need a bigger car....it will be like a weekend car mostly.

Comment

I am serious... family is growing so need a bigger car....it will be like a weekend car mostly.
                      So what characteristics attract you to the M3 then?

Comment

Working...
                      X