• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Temperamental people

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by russell View Post
    He is old school management, gets stuff done, not scared bollock someone. Like Sir Alex Ferguson.
    Trouble is, he doesn't get stuff done.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
      Well if you haven't got the balls for it...
      Believe me, not many would. She's grim. My nickname for her is Skunk - she reeks of bottom burps the majority of the time.
      Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
      +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
        Believe me, not many would. She's grim. My nickname for her is Skunk - she reeks of bottom burps the majority of the time.
        Can you get me her number, she sounds like a 10.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
          Trouble is, he doesn't get stuff done.
          I'm OK with these type of people on the whole. Trick is to work out what makes them tick and deal with accordingly.

It's the non-comitters I cannot stand. Those people who go quiet when asked for someone to take responsibility or give the 'well requirements, costs, resources blah blah' and then do nothing else at all.

'Well we need to agree this but, well....'
          What happens in General, stays in General.
          You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Have you ever had a feeling when working with someone that you have to expend a large amount of effort managing that person's temper, weighing and assessing every word before you speak, simply to maintain a workable atmosphere in the room?

We've got one here, and unfortunately, seeing as he's the tech PM, I can't fire him, and I seem to be the only person with the interpersonal skills to prevent him flying off the handle every ten minutes; I also have to stand between him and my testers who feel somewhat intimidated by him. Now I guess I'm cut out for doing precisely that, seeing as I'm not very small or weedy, but it can get rather tiresome.

Why do companies employ people who seem to be so permanently on edge and stressed?
            Worked with a couple of people like this, the best solution is to ignore the moods and carry on as if nothing was wrong. Don't waste the energy tip toeing round them
            Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
              Worked with a couple of people like this, the best solution is to ignore the moods and carry on as if nothing was wrong. Don't waste the energy tip toeing round them
              You might be right; it might be a good idea to let him have a few outbursts and thereby prove his own incompetence. Give a fool a rope...
              And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

You might be right; it might be a good idea to let him have a few outbursts and thereby prove his own incompetence. Give a fool a rope...
                They very rarely have the full blown outbust though, they just seem to act like they want to. Let them huff and puff for 30 mins and then everything returns to normal
                Coffee's for closers

Comment

Working...
                X