• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Introduction + nice Trichet quote

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    have you ever licked the chutney spoon and them put it back?
    No. I do not like chutney. I like the oniony sauce

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
      Its a reference to Police Squad/Naked Gun/Airplane
      I see. I like all of those things

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
        The one in my bathroom has stopped working, even when I bleed it. Any advice?
        Yeah, it's probably the little pin that holds the water back. It's connected to the valve and sometimes they get stuck in. If you pull it out with a pair of pliers and maybe wiggle it about, that might cure it.

Comment

The one in my bathroom has stopped working, even when I bleed it. Any advice?
          If you are a sole-trader you can probably claim a deduction for maintenance. If you are a MyCo you cannot.

Repairs and maintenance
          A proportion of the cost of general household repairs and maintenance is allowable in line with the proportion that the house is used solely for the business. Examples include the general redecoration of the exterior or repairs to the roof.

Repairs that relate solely to part of the house that is not used for the business, such as decorating a room not used for the business, are not allowable. Equally if a room is used solely for business purposes then the cost of redecorating that room is wholly allowable.

For more information on what is a repair see BIM46900 onwards.

Comment

Originally posted by TimCaprica View Post
            If you are a sole-trader you can probably claim a deduction for maintenance. If you are a MyCo you cannot.
            (\__/)
            (>'.'<)
            ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Have you tried turning it off and on again?
              We don't have to save the world. The world is big enough to look after itself. What we have to be concerned about is whether or not the world we live in will be capable of sustaining us in it.
              - Douglas Adams

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                Replace it with a newer model.
                It's only a couple of years old.

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
                Change the specification document to remove any hint that the radiator shuold emit heat, then re-release. Voila, the decorative, metalic towel hanger is no longer broken
                Like the thinking - are you my client?

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
                Yeah, it's probably the little pin that holds the water back. It's connected to the valve and sometimes they get stuck in. If you pull it out with a pair of pliers and maybe wiggle it about, that might cure it.
                Will get the plumber to look when he is round here next.

Originally posted by PorkPie View Post
                Have you tried turning it off and on again?
                Yes.

It gives the appearance of needing to be bled - half the radiator is hot, half cold. But bleeding makes no difference.
                Best Forum Advisor 2014
                Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

It's only a couple of years old.

It gives the appearance of needing to be bled - half the radiator is hot, half cold. But bleeding makes no difference.
                  Do you have a sealed loop (combi) system. If so check the pressure at the boiler as you may need to add some water to the system.
                  merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Working...
                  X