• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

oh dear - wife wants to move to oxford!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zeitghost
    Sir! Seven Foot Three Sir!
    SEVEN FOOT THREE? I DIDN'T KNOW THEY STACKED tulip THAT HIGH.

Comment

Originally posted by ~Craig~
      don't do it! I've just moved away after 22 years, can't stand the place now. It's all bloody foreigners and wannabe toffs and don't get me started on those students.

Plus the shopping is crap, council are in the university's pocket and the transport strategy is pants! (basically involves painting bus lanes and banning cars; as well as one-way systems.

crappy shopping will only mean the wife will drive to nearest large shopping mall - llike she does to the Trafford Centre now. don't mind bus lanes..they are all over manchester - and I don't drive.

What I do mind is the seriously over priced housing! Rather be where you are..Bristol..at least I have a chance at some work there.

But then again..once in your life you can say "Yeah I lived in xxxx and it was xxx." There arn't any seven foot tall lizards around are there..

BTW I've seen the ST lizard figurine at a shop in the northern quarter of M'cr. It was no where near Seven foot tall...more like 4".
      McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
      Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
        Sir! Only Giant Green Alien Lizard tulip Sir!
        SO WHAT DO WE HAVE HERE? A FCUKING COMEDIAN, HUH? YOU TRYING TO STEAL AN INCH ON ME, SON?

Comment

I got a real problem guys

I am moving to Oxford on a long term lucrative contract, my bit on the side is desperate to join me but her pussy of an ACCESS developer husband is scared that he wont find work.
          So now I have to pretend to emply the sad sack just so I can rag his missus round the bedroom 5 days a week

sheesh , life is so unfair

(\__/)
          (>'.'<)
          ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

My missus wants to work in Oxford, but I'm not sure I can get much Access development work there. Still, she says she might know of someone. Also, it's closer to her AIDS treatment centre.

Comment

Working...
            X