• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Oh Dear : Cameron already thinking up new taxes

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh Dear : Cameron already thinking up new taxes

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/4928796.stm

Looks like Dave the, I mean Dave wants a tax on Carbon. That leaves a further 117 taxes in the same vein.

I for one would welcome a tax on ununbium.

Remember, Dave's aim for the next 3 years is to gain a larger electorate and avoid tying down policies that will simply be copied by liebour and used to remove the Tories affectiveness in the next election.

I'm convinced that ones he's in and the terrible state of the UK economy is shown, more dramatic right-leaning policies will be revealed.

Right, I'm off to the London Air show... hope I can get on the B737 simulator before the mozzers do....
    If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by hyperD
      Right, I'm off to the London Air show... hope I can get on the B737 simulator before the mozzers do....

Comment

Remember, Dave's aim for the next 3 years is to gain a larger electorate and avoid tying down policies that will simply be copied by liebour and used to remove the Tories affectiveness in the next election.

I'm convinced that ones he's in and the terrible state of the UK economy is shown, more dramatic right-leaning policies will be revealed.
        I agree. When they don't see much happening on the economic front, the electorate just respond to the kind of stuff New Labour have been peddling for ten years, i.e. bullsh!t.

Comment

I think Cameron should try Government by proxy, propose everything he wants to happen and sit back and watch NL implement it. If it doesnt work it is not his fault.

He could do the double bluff too and suggest things which he knows will screw it up deliberately and watch Tone and Gordo gleefully crash on doing it anyway.
          I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
          Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Here's something different...hows bout instead of increasing taxes they just make the current tax system actually work!

Mailman

Comment

Originally posted by Mailman
              Here's something different...hows bout instead of increasing taxes they just make the current tax system actually work!

Mailman
              Oh dear, you really don't get the fundemental theorem of politics: A politician is a type of orator that says how they might fix a problem as a contrast to how another politician might fix a problem.

Hopefully the chosen method for fixing the problem is not in the set of methods that might actually solve the problem but not too far away.

If politicians actually solved any problems then they would soon find themselves redundant. If they screw things up too much they soon find themselves redundant or more usually dead.

Politicians in Denmark were really really worried up until recently that they had nothing left to argue about, they tried arguing that they had nothing to argue about, but no one was interested, now thanks to some cartoons they, all sighing in relief, have something to argue about again.
              Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
              threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Well, back from the show - very good - but the B737 sim was booked out immediately. Talked to some of the BA staff there and there's underbooking on the BA sims so may go in via the corporate entertainment route - £1400 for 4 guest for 2 hours. May do a one person deal. Have contacts at BA so will ask.

Any takers?

Comment

may go in via the corporate entertainment route - £1400 for 4 guest for 2 hours.
                  Feck me, you could actually go somewhere quite nice for less than that. Have a weekend away somewhere, and buy a copy of MS Flight Simulator (OK it will crash, but at least you won't die) and be done with it.
                  His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac
                    Feck me, you could actually go somewhere quite nice for less than that. Have a weekend away somewhere, and buy a copy of MS Flight Simulator (OK it will crash, but at least you won't die) and be done with it.
                    Already got that with yoke, throttle, rudder pedals and x2 21" screens... looking for the full motion simulator!

Comment

Working...
                    X