• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Oh dear : Watching Question Time is SOO depressing...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh dear : Watching Question Time is SOO depressing...

Gawd... they raise the '8 out of 10 would consider voting for the BNP' story (as highlighted by a nu labour mp and subsequently reported by the BBC - I would PRESUME they did some background research....?)

... and yet seemingly the BBC manage to find an entire audience that thinks the exact opposite (of course) ... when they decide to discuss the story they themselves publicised...

Reminds me of the expose that the BBC went to local mosques to find audience members to attend 'Question Time' immediately after the attack on the World Trade Center, with the American Ambassador nearly breaking into tears faced with muslim women shouting abuse at him three days after the deaths of 3,000+ of his people.

How odd the UK has become. I see what I see in day to day life then I watch TV and the result of elections, and the two simply do not match.....
    Vieze Oude Man

Citizen, please report to your local NuLab re-education centre. All will become clear and you will be at peace afterwards.

Comment

To paraphrase from an earlier time 'Comrade, kill your nu labour mp'....
      Vieze Oude Man

Comment

Daer lawd... as a follow up a quote from el gordo saying 'people want to turn off their phone charger overnight'.....

Feck me. Is that to pay for the 15,000,000,000 he is sending overseas....?

Or will it save a couple of NHS trusts for a few months...?
        Vieze Oude Man

Comment

Old Big Ears Clarke was representing "new" liebour and true to form reeled off vast reams of statistics to support their failing policies. Fortunately the audience were not that impressed and never seemed to applaud him.

Also glad to say that the negative Dave The Chameleon campaign was not appreciated by the audience at all and it appears to have backfired as people are beginning to see it as a rather cool character - a collectable even.

Expect Cameron to have one on his election campaign shortly.

The BBC do not seem to like the words: uncontrolled, immigration, political correctness and BNP mentioned in the same sentence.
          If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Watching TV

I was flicking between channels last night and all I could see was shows about people f3cking off from the UK to Portugal/France etc

I was driving near Harlesden in London yesterday and I saw an old church that had been converted into a Mosque, not as big as the Al Hambra but still, I found it quite significant.

I was walking with my fiance in the the centre of London the other day and she pointed out this one gent who was merrily relaying the details of his credit card fraud activities in Russian. He finished off by saying, "These English, they are so stupid". Nice. I wonder what visa he is here on? Work Training Scheme?

I jump in the tube at Notting Hill and pick up on two ladies talking (Yet again in Russian) and I jumped out in the East End and the first language I heard when got out of the tube was Polish.

I was in Epping (In Essex) the other day and when I got out of the tube the first language I heard was Polish so its possible its not just Central London.

This country is changing very fast people.
            There are no evil thoughts except one: the refusal to think

Comment

I've noticed the sudden influx of east Europeans too. For example, there are several Polish service workers at my current gig in Reading, and a group of polish farm-hands started using my local village pub in Bucks. Sign of the times I suppose.

Remember what Jack Straw told us though - after EU expansion there will only be seven thousand people coming to the UK from eastern Europe.

Comment

...and yet the great unwashed will vote the New Lie in for the next 50 years.

Time to get over it or get out me thinks.

Comment

I heard that Ireland have gained 100,000 Eastern Europeans in recent years, which when you think about it, equates to the UK getting more than 1 million. Someone said the Irish were not happy but they can do nothing about it. Serves 'em right for exporting pikeys.

I just cannot understand the inability of opposition parties to address a real issue i.e. massively increased immigration and the effects. Not even a discussion. It is as if the PC atmosphere prevents any criticism of ethnic groups.

I think the problem with the Chameleon advert is that like the evil eyes one it focusses on personality rather than substance. This does suggest that they cannot find something substantial to attack him on.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn
                    ...and yet the great unwashed will vote the New Lie in for the next 50 years.

Time to get over it or get out me thinks.
                    I've heard there are great tracts of Poland that are now uninhabited. Time to head East.

Comment

Working...
                    X