• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Dave's Speech

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Arturo Bassick View Post
    At his very best here. Both sides of the house in stitches.

Hague can speak, and well, old Labour and new Labour went at him on accord of his provincial accent which I truly detested.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
      Hague can speak, and well, old Labour and new Labour went at him on accord of his provincial accent which I truly detested.
      I agree wholeheartedly - it was equally despicable when the Tories and everyone else was doing the same to Prezza.

Hague's accent is very odd though - not one thing or the other -he's like an English Lloyd Grossman. Not having a go at him - just saying.

Comment

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
        I agree wholeheartedly - it was equally despicable when the Tories and everyone else was doing the same to Prezza.

Hague's accent is very odd though - not one thing or the other -he's like an English Lloyd Grossman. Not having a go at him - just saying.
        Edit: - Tories used to mispronouce Gerald Kauffman's name on purpose too.

Comment

Prescott was nothing more than a jumped up working class thug with a massive chip on his shoulder who should never have held that position, a fat bully boy who was only there to keep a political party in line and who was never held in that office for any political contribution.

Comment

Prescott was nothing more than a jumped up working class thug with a massive chip on his shoulder who should never have held that position, a fat bully boy who was only there to keep a political party in line and who was never held in that office for any political contribution.
            All true, but not relevant; we were talking about being ridiculed for your accent.

Comment

All true, but not relevant; we were talking about being ridiculed for your accent.
              OK, why was Blair never ridiculed for going to Fettes when Cameron and Boris get constantly ridiculed for going to Eton?

Comment

OK, why was Blair never ridiculed for going to Fettes when Cameron and Boris get constantly ridiculed for going to Eton?
                Firstly I don't understand what that has to do with regional accents - have you given up talking about that?

Secondly, I dunno - for my part if someone is any use then it shoudn't matter where they came from.

I am not sure you are comparing like for like though; who else in a senior position went to the same school as Blair at the same time?

I think your partisan loyalities are blinding you to the fact that politics is a filthy trade in which anyone will use just about anythiing to ridicule anyone else.

and I quote:

"Taunting Mr Blair over his own privileged education at Fettes College, a public school in Scotland, Mr Howard said: "This grammar school boy is not going to take any lessons from a public schoolboy on the importance of children from less privileged backgrounds gaining access to university."

This is ironic in itself, given how events have unfolded.

Comment

You can always tell when one does not have a clue, they quickly google a couple of words from your post and then copy and paste the first google hit into the reply.

Quite clearly to me the person who wrote "Fettes College, a public school in Scotland" does not know public schools in Scotland are where the poor go and we refer to paid education as private.

Comment

You can always tell when one does not have a clue, they quickly google a couple of words from your post and then copy and paste the first google hit into the reply.

Quite clearly to me the person who wrote "Fettes College, a public school in Scotland" does not know public schools in Scotland are where the poor go and we refer to paid education as private.
                    ???

You have now gone completely hatstand. I give up - for a foolish second I thought you were trying to make some kind of point.

Comment

I don't remember anyone making fun of Prescott for his regional accent.

It was more his mangling of words, his doltish character, and his utter uselessness in all of the jobs he was asked to do.

Comment

Working...
                      X