• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Dave's Speech

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prezza

He wasn't that bad was he? The word mangling was always funny and still is. I'm sure he had some successes as DPM. No idea what they were though.

These days he is nothing but good entertainment. He seems to have stopped caring about giving a good impression in interviews and just appears really grumpy, he appears on Question Time then ignores other panellists and goes on Twitter instead and apparently he is doing some fairly worthy stuff on climate change.

So I'm pro Prescott.

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
      I don't remember anyone making fun of Prescott for his regional accent.

It was more his mangling of words, his doltish character, and his utter uselessness in all of the jobs he was asked to do.
      I don't remember anyone making fun of Hague for his, come to think of it, I was just taking Minestrone's undoubtedly reliable word for it.

I could Google a few examples, but according to Minestrone that proves I have no idea, so I won't bother.

Comment

Originally posted by TimCaprica View Post

These days he is nothing but good entertainment. .. So I'm pro Prescott.
        Hundreds of thousands of poor sods condemned to live and raise families in tiny overcrowded abysmally constructed shoe boxes might think differently if they knew it was Prescott who organised their building on the cheap.
        Last edited by OwlHoot; 6 October 2011, 15:53.
        Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by TimCaprica View Post
          He wasn't that bad was he? The word mangling was always funny and still is. I'm sure he had some successes as DPM. No idea what they were though.

These days he is nothing but good entertainment. He seems to have stopped caring about giving a good impression in interviews and just appears really grumpy, he appears on Question Time then ignores other panellists and goes on Twitter instead and apparently he is doing some fairly worthy stuff on climate change.

So I'm pro Prescott.
          I used to stick up for Prezza when he was being ridiculed for his word mangling and in particular when people were peddling lies about his past career (I was repeatedly told he'd never been to sea which is not true but became a popular urban myth). I liked it when he was having a go at totally amoral Tories like Cecil Parkinson. Prezza let me down big time, because in the end he turned out to be a hypocrite - his infidelity wasn't as bad as Parkinsons in my book but his moralising was.

He's an entertaining buffoon these days, like many retired politicos.

Comment

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
            Prezza let me down big time, because in the end he turned out to be a hypocrite
            What a surprise

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
              What a surprise
              FFS - This news just in - Tories can be Hyporcites too. Don't you ever wonder if you might be just a little limted by your single party blindness?

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
                Hundreds of thousands of poor sods condemned to live and raise families in tiny overcrowded abysmally constructed shoe boxes might think differently if they knew it was Prescott who organised their building on the cheap.
                I think that was a bit more due to homebuilders only being interested in shoeboxes and Prescott being happy to get as much building as he could. His house is a pretty horrific looking neo-georgian thing.

It was never in his power to compel companies to build nice cheap family semis. Or maybe he just needed to make the National Trust really angry.

Comment

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
                  FFS - This news just in - Tories can be Hyporcites too.
                  I can understand that some rich toffs don't really give a tulip about workers, however it's total bollox when someone from trade unions becomes a Lord

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
                    Yeah - what measures have the current regime taken to avoid "tiny overcrowded abysmally constructed shoe boxes" I wonder - aside from rigging the planning system to allow even more to get built?

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                      I can understand that some rich toffs don't really give a tulip about workers, however it's total bollox when someone from trade unions becomes a Lord
                      So Trade Union gits are worse than Tory gits because everyone expects a Tory to be a git? Poor logic and very partisan for someone who claims he can see the value in democracy. If you think about it for a minute or two, you might have to accept that there are some decent geezers from all sides of the political spectrum - and some scum.

Comment

Working...
                      X