• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Time to replace my trusty 6 MPS

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the C6??

nice definetly left field -- but performance????

how about a vauxhall VXR 8???

Comment

Hmmm Insignia VXR sounds very tasty! Quite like the shape of it, Will it be as reliable as a Jap though?
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
        I've had a laugh with it, it still works like a Swiss watch and brings a grin to my face.
        But I fancy getting a nice new car.
        Nothing mainstream, no BMWs, Audi or Mercs, too ubiqitous.
        What's a good leftfield alternative? Or do we lack any choice iin the matter?
        Surely the answer is obvious if you fancy yourself as one of the Sloane Ranger set _and_ have sprogs - A great big kick-ass people carrier, with a pair of green wellies and a labby in the back.
        Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
          Surely the answer is obvious if you fancy yourself as one of the Sloane Ranger set _and_ have sprogs - A great big kick-ass people carrier, with a pair of green wellies and a labby in the back.
          Hate SUVs with a passion.
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
            Hmmm Insignia VXR sounds very tasty! Quite like the shape of it, Will it be as reliable as a Jap though?
            unlikely but......

but you see the Insignia is powered by a 2.8 litre V6 turbo going to 4 wheels

where as the VXR8 gts has 6.2 litre V8 going just to the rear ones...

the Mazda6 MPS was a bit leftfield and sheep in wolfs clothing etc but I think if you go down the hot Vauxhall/Mondeo etc route you are being as mainstream as if you were getting merc/bmw/audi...

which is why the VXR8 must win..

Comment

Just the ticket, at 4:13.
              While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by Incognito View Post
                You mean it didn't help? What about walter mitty | waltermitty.com
                The domain name

waltermitty.com

is looking for a visionary owner.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                  The domain name

waltermitty.com

is looking for a visionary owner.

I'm sure, in the past, you've claimed to own it.

Comment

Originally posted by Clippy View Post
                    I'm sure, in the past, you've claimed to own it.
                    I'm looking to sell it to sasguru.

Comment

Bentley of Glasgow : Jaguar XF XF 5.0 V8 Supercharged XFR 4Dr Auto

Lotus Silverstone : Lotus Europa S

Cortese Bath : Maserati GranTurismo 4.2 V8

WYNFORD MOTORS LTD : R35 GT-R PREMIUM EDITION UK CAR ( PX WELCOME )

Comment

Working...
                      X