• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

UK has 'worst quality of life in Europe'

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AtW View Post
    How would you eat it with a ****ing helmet and oxygen mask on your face?
    Dunno - ask a surviving Italian soldier from WW1

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
      I really quite like Germany and the Germans
      Do you think they like you also? Be honest.

Comment

Does not surprise me. Overpriced hotels for awful quality.

Instead I'm sat here with a €3 euro bottle of nero munching my €6 freshly made italian pizza on the balcony.

Oktoberfest is fair hootching tonight.

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
          Does not surprise me. Overpriced hotels for awful quality.

Instead I'm sat here with a €3 euro bottle of nero munching my €6 freshly made italian pizza on the balcony.
          Will you be going out with your mates later?
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

The Europeans certainly know how to have a good time:

Dinner for One - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It's the most frequently repeated TV programme ever.

on New Year's Eve 2003 alone, the sketch was broadcast 19 times
            I just tried watching it once and failed

Comment

A bit more on that:

It is a curiosity that this sketch has become a tradition in Germany, where up to half the population may see it every year, but it is almost totally unknown in Britain.
              German narrator Heinz Piper originally made a grammatical mistake in his introduction to the 18 minute version: He misquoted Warden’s line “Same procedure as every year” as “Same procedure than every year”. While the mistake appears to have gone unnoticed initially, it later prompted annual protest letters to the NDR, most notably from German teachers of English. The NDR eventually responded by editing the recording slightly, substituting a small bit of its audio track with audio recorded during one of the rehearsals. Thus, in 1988, the error had been edited out and Piper could be heard to say “Same procedure as every year”. This in turn annoyed some purists who would rather respect the original.
              Now that is funny.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
                The Europeans certainly know how to have a good time:

Dinner for One - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It's the most frequently repeated TV programme ever.

I just tried watching it once and failed

The butler is actually an English guy.
                While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

ClientCo want me to move to Florida for the winter (they're paying). I have to say I'm tempted given the forecast for snow next month and another severe winter, maybe I'll even be happier there if that's possible.

Never been to Florida, any downside?
                  Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
                    ClientCo want me to move to Florida for the winter (they're paying). I have to say I'm tempted given the forecast for snow next month and another severe winter, maybe I'll even be happier there if that's possible.

Too many old people.
                    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post

Florida varies from retirement communities to vibrant cuban nightlife in Miami (which incidentally is one of the handsomest cities I've seen) to the Keys in the south.
                      Depends where you are, but you should have fun. Americans are far cooler than Germans.
                      Hard Brexit now!
                      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                      X