• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contractor services ratings? - in the aftermath of ParasolIT palava

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Contractor services ratings? - in the aftermath of ParasolIT palava

Having had some problems with Parasol IT lately after their horrific and disastrous system upgrade a couple weeks ago (see that thread in the General section)...

Does anyone out there have experiences - either good or bad - they'd like to share about other contractor services companies?

Constructive feedback would be useful as I think a number of us are shopping around at the moment.

How is the customer service, response time, payment time, any major screw ups and what were they... you get the picture.

Will you umbrella employees never learn.......

Comment

Dont use any of these, they are just another level of expense.

A simple Ltd. with accountant is all that is needed, even if you are IR35 caught.
      I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
      Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

but I choose not to do that for personal reasons of my own...

so back to the point please... not asking for patronising, just advice

Comment

Originally posted by shaza
          so back to the point please
          Hark at shaza ! Deux posts and telling us lot where to go!!!!
          We must strike at the lies that have spread like disease through our minds

Comment

Not patronising, just offering advice.
            I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
            Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Then I'm afraid you are a hostage to fortune, at the whim of another company that can pretty much treat you how they like.

Sorry an all that.

Comment

I can't actually see any reasons. Other than printing out an invoice once a week/month (and you have to fill in a timesheet for a brolly so this is the same really) a good accountant would do the rest for you if you paid, and it would cost about the same but you'd be in control.

Unless of course your personal reasons are :

'I like someone else telling me what and how to do it, and working for an umbrella gives me a level of security akin to the bosses I had back in the world of permie'.

Comment

Ok - just so this board doesn't reduce you to a nervous wreck. This has all been said before (many times) - If you are inside IR35 (and a lazy git like me) an umbrella is an OK route - but do your research and if it all seems too good to be true then it probably is! Parasol have always been recommended on this board until lately that is so you may just be experiencing a temporary glitch. Personally I use ContractorUmbrella and they've been great but there are loads out there and you just need to find what's right for you. The only one I think we'd all advise you to stay well clear of is P4 - you may as well throw your money down the bog

Comment

Originally posted by John Galt
                    Ok - just so this board doesn't reduce you to a nervous wreck. This has all been said before (many times) - If you are inside IR35 (and a lazy git like me) an umbrella is an OK route - but do your research and if it all seems too good to be true then it probably is! Parasol have always been recommended on this board until lately that is so you may just be experiencing a temporary glitch. Personally I use ContractorUmbrella and they've been great but there are loads out there and you just need to find what's right for you. The only one I think we'd all advise you to stay well clear of is P4 - you may as well throw your money down the bog
                    Many thanks John for the polite constructive post.

Comment

Working...
                    X