• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Where to find a salesman?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by threaded
    a bar in Kyoto whilst entertaining clients, and picked up another client
    are you some kind of pie eating prostitute?

came across a lot of this in Hong Kong, but they were ALL female
    Your parents ruin the first half of your life and your kids ruin the second half

Comment

This guy has a certain clarity

Steve Pavlina

Basic instruction on sales and actually doing business.

What he tends to say is if you are poor at something then learn. If you can't be arsed then plan B is probably not ready yet or you aren't ready. ( where I'm at at present on plan C & D.)

Before you bring in outside costs make sure you have something to sell. Have you actually made sales? Were they easy? How could you make them easier?

IANAE(ntrenapeur) - Yet!

This always struck me as interesting :

Author/speaker Zig Ziglar reports that a study conducted at Yale University found that only 3% of Yale's 1953 graduating class had clear written goals with plans to achieve them. Twenty years later, the same class was surveyed again, and it was learned that that same 3% was worth more in financial terms than the other 97% combined! In addition the researchers found that the 3% had better health, relationships, and social skills.
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Well, of course that is the case: Proper Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance.
        Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
        threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Well, of course that is the case: Proper Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance.
          You couldn't even get that right, could you?

'tis the "7 P's"

"Proper Prior Preparation Prevents Piss Poor Performance!"

Comment

Well I've definitely caught you out this time Churchill, no fscking way have you been in the British Army 'cause in the British Army it is called P6.

You really are a bulltulip merchant of the first order, and I've caught you!

FUGAZI!!

Bwahahahahaha

Comment

"Proper Prior Preparation Prevents Piss Poor Performance!"

Sounds like something a septic would say.

Comment

Well I've definitely caught you out this time Churchill, no fscking way have you been in the British Army 'cause in the British Army it is called P6.

You really are a bulltulip merchant of the first order, and I've caught you!

FUGAZI!!

Bwahahahahaha
                Royal Marine Reserve and if only I had half the bulltulipting skills of your good self!

Since when did you become a Yank?
                (FUGAZI indeed!)

Comment

Shimano,

I think you have to be careful about yourself with throw away lines like
                  I could do it myself but...well being a techie I'm not sure that would be the best approach!
                  You're almost certainly going to have to start selling this yourself for the simple reason you know the product better than anyone else.

You don't know where to find a suitable sales person and it sounds as though it isn't particularly viable for you or a sales person to 'engage' such a sales bod at such an early stage.

In the interim, sell it yourself. This achieves a few positive aspects.

1. Gets you out meeting people. One thing often leads onto another.

2. You will quickly identify any flaws 'the product package' has. This is far more likely than not and best ironed out by you first.

3. Places you in a much better informed situation as, when or if you meet a sales bod who may be interested. For example you'll be much placed to address the questions any serious sales bod would ask you before accepting such a roll.

If you don't start trying to sell your own product first, the likelihood of your plan B's success will be seriously compromised. And, you might surprise yourself and actually enjoy the selling aspect. Partial success off your own back will build your enthusiasm no end.

Remember. Fear of failure is the single biggest cause of failure.

Comment

Proper planning and prior preparation prevent piss-poor performance

F in "Eight Ps" mode
                    We must strike at the lies that have spread like disease through our minds

Comment

Proper Prior Planning and Preparation Potentially Prevents Piss-Poor Performance

threaded in "Nine Ps" mode

Comment

Working...
                      X