• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Outsourcing is Great

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"When I graduated (donkeys' years ago admittedly) Logica mopped up all the muppets off our course who couldn't get a job anywhere else. Talk about not fussy. "

Unbelievable. Everyone is a clone.

I feel sorry for the graduates. I had discussions yesterday with some senior bods, where I went on the attack

"How come you put people in jobs where they are not qualified and bound to fail?"

A."Cause they're cheap and we make more money off them!"

Fair enough.

Comment

Yep, the guys who went to Logica were immediately shipped out to clients - no training, nothing, charged out at £XXX quid a day.

Comment

Share price 1 month after announcing a deal is a terrible way to measure "success". It's long enough to still catch the immediate investor "wow" factor, but not long enough for the work to get under way and for things to start going wrong. All is proves is that investors think outsourcing is good: not that it actually is.

Comment

So what is the share price 1 year or 2 years down the line.

All these promise savings/greater profits which is what the market is reacting to. What happens however in the near half of Outsourcing projects that do not result in savings. Costs go up, savings down, ability to react to market changes slowed down.

There is a reason why nearly half of CEO's want to cancel Outsourcing agreements, or are dissatisfied with them.

Comment

Working...
          X