• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

parasol IT

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I still find it difficult to understand how they went downhill so fast - I was perfectly happy with them for about 8 months (customer service was good, paymets prompt), but decided to go solo again in February... probably a sound decision... I hope things work out ok for everyone involved....
    Vieze Oude Man

Comment

I'm not due to get any money for another month so i'll have to see how this pans out.
      Coffee's for closers

Comment

Although this situation doesn't help you guys, it certainly helps me (and others like me) about to take the plunge.

I was thinking of using a brolly for my first contract then setting up an LTD once I was settled (one thing at a time etc) however the thought of not being paid scares the sh@te out of me!.

It seems to me, if you want payment for your work LTD is the way to go.

Cheers

Comment

DSTYLER - I can only sympathise. My last 2 contracts have been away from home - I'll take anything just to keep working - and when you need to pay hotel bills on top it makes things impossible if you don't get paid.

Comment

How are some people on here going to cope when they possibly have to go a few months without a contract? You don't need to have a very long memory to remember back in 2001 when 6/9 months wasn't uncommon and it will happen again.

As for Parasol, I've never had any problems with them, even this month. Knowing a few direct numbers helps though rather than having to go through the 0845 number like the rest of the great unwashed!
            Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

I don't have a problem with being without a contract. That's life. I DO have with not being paid for do for the work I have already done because my umbrella company can't do what I pay them for.

Comment

What numbers

Perhaps ALF W would like to supply us with the direct numbers that he only he knows.

Comment

If I'm owed thousands and no-one answers the phone I turn up in person to get answers and get a hand written cheque or cash. There is absolutely no excuse for not being able to revert to their old system by now.

Comment

Originally posted by privateeye
                    If I'm owed thousands and no-one answers the phone I turn up in person to get answers and get a hand written cheque or cash. There is absolutely no excuse for not being able to revert to their old system by now.
                    Yeah right! You and who's army?
                    Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

I used to work in warrington where they're based, I'm sure if i asked round enough a friend of a friend must work for them... hmmm might be a job for this week
                      Coffee's for closers

Comment

Working...
                      X