• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

parasol IT

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Get you own ltd and a good accountant and put yourself in charge.

Comment

I was going to join in and moan about Parasol, but unfortunately I left them 6 weeks ago to start my own ltd

Comment

can our friends at ParasolIT give us some indication as to when the 'backlog' is likely to be cleared. I'm too scared to submit timesheets at the moment - don't want them to start collecting in the void!.......and I'm skint after blowing my money over Easter expecting to get paid as normal during April!

ParasolIT - I'm giving you one week to sort this out - them I'm gonna INSIST to Hays that they let me go back with old brolly company who I was perfectly happy with!

Comment

I can feel a virtual lynching coming on.......

Comment

..........bring it on!

Comment

Do not use Parasol.

They owe me £1500 iin unpaid expenses. Every time I finally manage to speak to someone they claim that someone in payroll is looking into the problem. This has been going on for 2 weeks now. How long does it take to send a payment by BACS ?

Are they actually still trading or are they in the process of going bust. Has anyone visited the premises recently ?

Comment

'Are they actually still trading or are they in the process of going bust. Has anyone visited the premises recently ?'
                I know what you mean, all the signs point towards them going bust or something serious, won't be happy as they still have £4k of mine.

It seems like one lame excuse after another, the new systems don't work properly, the phones are cutting out, the dog ate my homework..

I spoke to the agency I'm working for who said they had a visit from an account manager yesterday, tried ringing that number, guess what , please leave a message.

The only problem with saying you are leaving them is that it probably won't get processed until all the rubbish is sorted out so will cause hold ups with things like P45's etc.

I can't honestly believe that a company that run's a system so important to it existence wouldn't have a backup plan incase everything went pear-shaped.

Comment

Originally posted by scorchio
                  The only problem with saying you are leaving them is that it probably won't get processed until all the rubbish is sorted out so will cause hold ups with things like P45's etc.

I can't honestly believe that a company that run's a system so important to it existence wouldn't have a backup plan incase everything went pear-shaped.
                  I'm still waiting for my P45, so there's no probably about it.

Oh, and it's runs.
                  His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Parasol - Considering a solicitor

I posted 5 timesheets 3 weeks ago. When I managed to get through to them a week last Thursday (13th) I was told invoices hadn't been sent out because thay had mistakenly entered my contract as self-billing but it would be sorted out that day. It wasn't. Couldn't get through to them because thier phone were constantly engaged. Then I got a mail telling me that they were taking there phones off-line because of the volumes of calls. That was Wednesday and Thursday last week.

My account indicated that my agency was invoiced last Thurday which raised my hopes. Rang the agency today that and they haven't received any invoices. There is a notice on the Parasol website saying they have engineers onsite fixing a fault with their phone system. Rang Parasol Sales but they couldn't put me through to Invoicing\Payroll because the line was busy. Advised to submit a web ticket or e-mail. Done both today, threatening legal action. No reply by phone or mail.

I can't help feeling that there is something very wrong here. Rang another umbrella company "Giant" who were recommended to me by Elan and was told that thay had had a lot of contractors move to them from Parasol in the past few days.

I have 9 Direct Debits due to go out of my bank account on Friday which I can't pay and have every intention of taking Parasol to court for any charges I incur.

Comment

Parasol

I'm very worried about this whole Parasol situation. I have not been able to get through on the phones, and all my emails and tickets have gone unanswered since last Tuesday. I am annoyed about not being paid, but more annoyed at the shockingly bad way Parasol are treating us! They don't even have the common courtesy to keep us up to date.

It is just one poor excuse after another, I agree with you guys that think there may be more to this. My gut feeling is that Parasol are in trouble and we will be the ones to loose out. I contract away from home, and unless I get paid by the end of this week then I cannot afford to work next week, so Parasol will have cost me my job!

Does anyone know of any bodies that can intervene on our behalf? There must be thousands of people affected by this, so surely there must be some agency who can help!

Comment

Working...
                      X