• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

parasol IT

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lucifer Box
    I like to be fair too, but only a bunch of fecking retards would attempt to go live with a new system at the busiest time of the year.
    Damn you beat me to it!

Comment

If the service that these companies offer is so brilliant, why do you need to telephone or email them?

Comment

Ouch

Yes - upgrade did not go aswell as expected. Weeks of UAT and parallel running but software did not perform in live (yes we did pre production tests) as well on live volumes.

Phones back on and working hard to get it sorted.

Why this time of year? - Mid year conversion of payroll and accounts was less attractive.

We have tried to be honest and open about it and normal service is being restored.

Jon

ps. We used a UK software consultancy who did use some contractors!

Comment

Originally posted by ParasolService
          You should have asked your own contractors - you have your own resource pool that would not have charged as much as a large consultancy.

At least you have the courage to admit your mistakes or that of your supplier. The mistake seems to be on the parallel running which cannot have been that parallel - you should only have to turn the old system off which should not effect the new. It sounds like you had to deploy the new again and it did not deploy that well. In all cases there should have been a rollback plan, I think you need to have a word with the consultancy who have let you down badly twice - not running in parallel properly, and not having a rollback plan.

Comment

Originally posted by ParasolService
            How did I guess!
            Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
            threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

I was "forced" to them by Hays - I don't have enough contract work to justify limited as an option - heavy family commitments, mean I have to work very locally during term time, and Hays operate a PSL umbrella list, with most of the other companies high on the dodgy list! I have had real issues with Parasol - mainly them telling me (when they bother to reply) that they are right and I am wrong. Even when I send them a link from Hectors website telling them the opposite! I still have a payroll query from the start of April, that no-one can be bothered to answer - apart from telling me they are right & I am wrong - though I got an accountant friend to check my logic
              Online chat is still off-line, as it has been all this week. Most of the people I have spoken to on the phone over the past three months have been useless, and rude, with the exception of one, who is super.
              Don't want to do work though them, just have to!

Comment

Originally posted by dmini
                I was "forced" to them by Hays
                That amounts to charging you a fee for finding you work which goes against the Employment Regulations.

Comment

Still can't get through to them

I've been trying to ring them all day, Phone either rings once and then cuts off or you get the usual 'Your Call is important to use' rubbish and no answer.

It would be niced to be paid, especially as they've had the money since the 13th...

Comment

At least you have the courage to admit your mistakes or that of your supplier. The mistake seems to be on the parallel running which cannot have been that parallel - you should only have to turn the old system off which should not effect the new. It sounds like you had to deploy the new again and it did not deploy that well. In all cases there should have been a rollback plan, I think you need to have a word with the consultancy who have let you down badly twice - not running in parallel properly, and not having a rollback plan.
                    Indeed - I leave the details to the IT Team - I know the consultancy has been working very hard to sort it. Not fundamental issues I am glad to report, combination of software and process in live not matching as designed nor tested.

Comment

I have finally lost my temper with them today and have decided to leave. They have completley lost any idea of how to provide customer service - I have been on hold for over 2 hours today and sent six emails - no answer to any of them. Getting paid each week on time is like entering the lottery - very, very upset with Parasol.

Comment

Working...
                      X