• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Leasing A Car

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    I want a new car, so looking at the leasing route amongst all the others, both personally and through the business.
    I thought you'd recently bought a 520d.
    Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
    +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
      Tax advice of the week: Get a company car - MoneyWeek

However, as these rates are falling from 2012, you'd be better off going for a car with very low emissions – of just 110g/km. At this level and below, your company can claim 100% of the cost of the car against tax in the year of purchase.

Nor do you have to "tool around" in a Smart car to get the tax break. There are now more than 200 cars on the market, including Audi A3s and BMW 320ds, which fall into the sub-111g/km bracket (see Businesscar.co.uk). So choosing the right low-emissions car could "save your company thousands".

320d is a great car too.
      Do you still battered on the BIK? Suppose you could drop your salary down to a piddling amount so that you pay a high percentage of feck all!
      Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
        Do you still battered on the BIK? Suppose you could drop your salary down to a piddling amount so that you pay a high percentage of feck all!
        BIK on low CO2 cars like this is feck all, so you can chose, pay the tax man your corp tax bill or buy yourself a car with the money instead.

Comment

BIK on low CO2 cars like this is feck all, so you can chose, pay the tax man your corp tax bill or buy yourself a car with the money instead.
          That's pretty interesting - I'm in the market for buying a car!!
          Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
            That's pretty interesting - I'm in the market for buying a car!!
            iI've got just the motor for you. One titled owner and very low mileage
            Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

plus they burn less fuel which is about 80% tax so win-win!
              Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
                iI've got just the motor for you. One titled owner and very low mileage
                Is it DimPrawns? KN0B1?
                What happens in General, stays in General.
                You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                  Is it DimPrawns? KN0B1?
                  its a four seater not a moped
                  Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
                    plus they burn less fuel which is about 80% tax so win-win!
                    Are you trying to hurt the tax man you evil barsteward? 100% tax deductible, low BIK and pay less fuel duty and road tax too?

Comment

Does this only apply to new cars? Had a look at the list, and the 320d BMW looks pretty good! How the hell have they got that comming in at 109 g/km?

I'm tempted to get one of them!

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Working...
                      X