• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Leasing A Car

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Leasing A Car"

Collapse

• BoredBloke
    replied
    Originally posted by Platypus View Post
    I have a low emissions A3. If you go that route, prepare to be unimpressed with the performance
    The specs for the BMW were preety impressive

Top speed/0-62mph 137mph/8.2secs

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by Platypus View Post
    I have a low emissions A3. If you go that route, prepare to be unimpressed with the performance
    320 ed has 168bhp and 0-62 of 8 seconds, 142 mph top speed and 68 MPG.

Leave a comment:

• Platypus
    replied

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
    Does this only apply to new cars? Had a look at the list, and the 320d BMW looks pretty good! How the hell have they got that comming in at 109 g/km?

I'm tempted to get one of them!
    German engineering that's how!

Leave a comment:

• lukemg
    replied
    They are quality, if a bit dull and functional. It's as fast as you need but don't get the M-Sport, kit looks great but ride is ruined...

Leave a comment:

• BoredBloke
    replied
    Does this only apply to new cars? Had a look at the list, and the 320d BMW looks pretty good! How the hell have they got that comming in at 109 g/km?

I'm tempted to get one of them!

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
    plus they burn less fuel which is about 80% tax so win-win!
    Are you trying to hurt the tax man you evil barsteward? 100% tax deductible, low BIK and pay less fuel duty and road tax too?

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Is it DimPrawns? KN0B1?
    its a four seater not a moped

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    iI've got just the motor for you. One titled owner and very low mileage
    Is it DimPrawns? KN0B1?

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    BIK on low CO2 cars like this is feck all, so you can chose, pay the tax man your corp tax bill or buy yourself a car with the money instead.
    plus they burn less fuel which is about 80% tax so win-win!

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    That's pretty interesting - I'm in the market for buying a car!!
    iI've got just the motor for you. One titled owner and very low mileage

Leave a comment:

• BoredBloke
    replied
    BIK on low CO2 cars like this is feck all, so you can chose, pay the tax man your corp tax bill or buy yourself a car with the money instead.
    That's pretty interesting - I'm in the market for buying a car!!

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Do you still battered on the BIK? Suppose you could drop your salary down to a piddling amount so that you pay a high percentage of feck all!

Leave a comment:

• BoredBloke
    replied
    Tax advice of the week: Get a company car - MoneyWeek

However, as these rates are falling from 2012, you'd be better off going for a car with very low emissions – of just 110g/km. At this level and below, your company can claim 100% of the cost of the car against tax in the year of purchase.

Nor do you have to "tool around" in a Smart car to get the tax break. There are now more than 200 cars on the market, including Audi A3s and BMW 320ds, which fall into the sub-111g/km bracket (see Businesscar.co.uk). So choosing the right low-emissions car could "save your company thousands".

320d is a great car too.
    Do you still battered on the BIK? Suppose you could drop your salary down to a piddling amount so that you pay a high percentage of feck all!

Leave a comment:

• MaryPoppins
    replied
    Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    I want a new car, so looking at the leasing route amongst all the others, both personally and through the business.
    I thought you'd recently bought a 520d.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X