• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

No cuts at HMRC then....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bobspud View Post
    This years CT is about £30K plus the same in vat... Value for that money is fsck all.

Answers to the following:
    Stealing stuff : I have a shotgun and a pair of large dogs that handle theft from my house rather better than the police have managed with my neighbours. Everyone in the village knows I have them and funnily enough the little Herberts that nick things, turn over the other houses in the area and give me a very wide berth. I wonder why... Also as an aside the tulipty litlle c*nts that were coming down from Bristol to sell drugs at our playing field also decided upon appraisal that it would be better to go somewhere else to do it. All it took was a few mates and a very short and rather sharp discussion. The safer neighbourhood team struggled to solve that for 2 years.

Training Bankers:
    Yes in the 80's there was a massive barrow boy influx to the square mile (would have included me if I was better at maths) and yes I'm sure most of Essex migrates into Fenchurch Street on a Monday morning but I think the days of you getting near a banks trading floor or the top end fund managers without going to the right schools is remote to say the least.

Last year the money that went to my wife perfectly legally (but seen by the heathen masses as a tax dodge) paid local craftsmen to build an office in an out building. Refurbish two bathrooms and build us a solid oak stable door. All that money flowing into my local businesses and being spent in pubs and restaurants.

How much money got spent by the government in the same venues?

Next year providing I stay billable the money gets to go on a new 100 foot pan tile roof and a nice fuel guzzling sports car that I will run for the next 10 years...

I will buy the car second hand using my local tame mechanic's time to negotiate a trade price for his cut and he will service it for me along with our other V8 Landrover that he got for me the same way the year before...

Then there is the issue of entertaining customers and general partying that goes on when I need to stay in London on business. All heavily taxed streams of the economy...

I'm not rich, but I am clever enough to know that 20% of some legally declared income plus the VAT and servicing on a new sports car is more than enough money in the pot for anyone...

and its time that the Rich put that case better.
    If it's so bad move somewhere you will be free. I'm sure your neighbours wouldn't complain.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

This years CT is about £30K plus the same in vat... Value for that money is fsck all.

Answers to the following:
      Stealing stuff : I have a shotgun and a pair of large dogs that handle theft from my house rather better than the police have managed with my neighbours. Everyone in the village knows I have them and funnily enough the little Herberts that nick things, turn over the other houses in the area and give me a very wide berth. I wonder why... Also as an aside the tulipty litlle c*nts that were coming down from Bristol to sell drugs at our playing field also decided upon appraisal that it would be better to go somewhere else to do it. All it took was a few mates and a very short and rather sharp discussion. The safer neighbourhood team struggled to solve that for 2 years.

Training Bankers:
      Yes in the 80's there was a massive barrow boy influx to the square mile (would have included me if I was better at maths) and yes I'm sure most of Essex migrates into Fenchurch Street on a Monday morning but I think the days of you getting near a banks trading floor or the top end fund managers without going to the right schools is remote to say the least.

Last year the money that went to my wife perfectly legally (but seen by the heathen masses as a tax dodge) paid local craftsmen to build an office in an out building. Refurbish two bathrooms and build us a solid oak stable door. All that money flowing into my local businesses and being spent in pubs and restaurants.

How much money got spent by the government in the same venues?

Next year providing I stay billable the money gets to go on a new 100 foot pan tile roof and a nice fuel guzzling sports car that I will run for the next 10 years...

I will buy the car second hand using my local tame mechanic's time to negotiate a trade price for his cut and he will service it for me along with our other V8 Landrover that he got for me the same way the year before...

Then there is the issue of entertaining customers and general partying that goes on when I need to stay in London on business. All heavily taxed streams of the economy...

I'm not rich, but I am clever enough to know that 20% of some legally declared income plus the VAT and servicing on a new sports car is more than enough money in the pot for anyone...

and its time that the Rich put that case better.
      If you don't like the UK's tax system, why don't you fook orf somewhere else.
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
        Exactly. You can't change the UK, it's fooked.

If the UK isn't to your likeing, there are 196 countries in the world, one or more of these must fit the bill, otherwise you'll have to conceed the UK is the best of the best.

I'm happy to pay my £5.76 tax every year, worth all 576 pennies!

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
          I can state quite happily that I will not be domiciled in the UK for tax purposes by 2015.

Comment

I can state quite happily that I will not be domiciled in the UK for tax purposes by 2015.
            I used to hear that a lot. In the vast majority of cases it was hot air.

Comment

First - Tax is a reality everywhere and most contractors can 'optimise' this more than most so stop bleating.
              Second - This is a relatively rich country and you're being paid more than you would get in a lot of places. This gives you disposable income many in the world could only dream about so stop bleating.
              Oh and as for benefits, they are the price of doing business and a sop to the masses who would otherwise be thieving and killing us in large numbers. Chuck them enough baccy, ale (and other drugs), 24hr sky telly to distract them and a lottery to give them hope (think carousel in logan's run) and most will just leave us to get on with our lives and we lock up those who don't.
              In other words, things are good, try to appreciate it !!

Comment

I'm quite happy here. Except for the weather.

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
                  I used to hear that a lot. In the vast majority of cases it was hot air.
                  Agreed. You can take the piss out of me in 4 years time If I'm still here...

However as of 2009 earning £118K per year places you in the top 1% of the economy... (sorry I can't find last years figures)
                  so in principle most contractors can turn that over for just £500 per day... leaving them sat in the very sights of the other 99% of the economy. So instead of sitting there saying Yah-Boo tax avoiders you need to consider that the rest of the economy have probably already daubed a target on your chest as well...

What I am suggesting is that the 1% are not doing a good enough job of pointing out the additional value they add to the economy by being able to use their cash where the government wont spent it, and if they don't start pointing this out the public tides going to engulf them and take the contractors with them...

Comment

What I am suggesting is that the 1% are not doing a good enough job
                    Spot on.

Total lack of ambition to become top 0.1% of the economy, they must be punished with extra tax!!!

Comment

Originally posted by lukemg View Post
                      Oh and as for benefits, they are the price of doing business and a sop to the masses who would otherwise be thieving and killing us in large numbers. Chuck them enough baccy, ale (and other drugs), 24hr sky telly to distract them and a lottery to give them hope (think carousel in logan's run) and most will just leave us to get on with our lives and we lock up those who don't.
                      I agree, but what happens when there is more people on benefits than can be paid for by those who work? We are fast approaching that point. You do remember carousel was a way of killing off those who were over 30 dont you?

Comment

Working...
                      X