• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Poisoned chalice project

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Actually do as MF says. In less than 3 weeks I look to successfully deliver the most fookin poisonous chalice project of my entire career to over 1000 users. 11 trips to the US, over 130 days in tulip hotels, stupidly long days (again 18 hours today) , more politics than a US debt default and more CYA than a Miley Cyrus video on Iranian TV. If this doesn't fook up in the last 21 days at the last hurdle then I have just pulled off the pinnacle of my entire IT career. Otherwise feel free to give me a good CUK kicking. (Or do if I pull it off as well :-) )
    Correct me if I'm wrong but...

You're only doing what they're paying you to do.

Jesus, keep at it long enough and you're bound to get something right.

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
      keep at it long enough and you're bound to get something right.
      I fear your logic may be flawed.
      While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Actually do as MF says. In less than 3 weeks I look to successfully deliver the most fookin poisonous chalice project of my entire career to over 1000 users. 11 trips to the US, over 130 days in tulip hotels, stupidly long days (again 18 hours today) , more politics than a US debt default and more CYA than a Miley Cyrus video on Iranian TV. If this doesn't fook up in the last 21 days at the last hurdle then I have just pulled off the pinnacle of my entire IT career. Otherwise feel free to give me a good CUK kicking. (Or do if I pull it off as well :-) )
        I thought you got tulipcanned, had refused to go back to the states and weren't allowed anywhere near it?

Note to MF's writers : Twists in the tail should at least evolve from some already known premise, not just be some random juxtaposed turn of events.
        Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Correct me if I'm wrong but...

You're only doing what they're paying you to do.

Jesus, keep at it long enough and you're bound to get something right.
          Your logic is flawed. In most cases projects like this fail. To be fair it's the third time. First one was a fail. Second one I picked up in the middle and it failed because it wasn't documented properly. 3rd time I was in charge. It's late, six months behind the original schedule due to development issues outside of my control but its going live in 3 weeks. Once this is done I'm going contracting again. I can do without the stress.
          What happens in General, stays in General.
          You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Your logic is flawed. In most cases projects like this fail. To be fair it's the third time. First one was a fail. Second one I picked up in the middle and it failed because it wasn't documented properly. 3rd time I was in charge. It's late, six months behind the original schedule due to development issues outside of my control but its going live in 3 weeks. Once this is done I'm going contracting again. I can do without the stress.
            Oi Suity! There's a job going at MF's gig!

Comment

Oi Suity! There's a job going at MF's gig!
              Yeah but it's permie

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
                Yeah but it's permie
                but with loads of share options.

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
                  but with loads of share options.

I'm not as stupid as some folks.

Comment

COME ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Greatest comeback since Man Utd versus Bayern Munich.

Its coming home, its coming home, MFs coming home.

I own this bitch.
                    What happens in General, stays in General.
                    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

COME ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Greatest comeback since Man Utd versus Bayern Munich.

Its coming home, its coming home, MFs coming home.

I own this bitch.
                      *yawn*

Comment

Working...
                      X