• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

If a white person said this they would be strung up

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would be happy to pay for welfare for Komodo dragons or any other nice little animals (apart from cats) it's just people I hate.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
      Britain's highest birth rates among migrants - Telegraph

The birth rate of immigrants is 3 times higher than that of British born. A significant proportion are from Pakistan and Bangladesh.

BBC - Mark Easton's UK: Work, benefits and ethnicity

While those of Indian origin, for instance, get 8% of their income from the state in the form of benefits, state pension and tax credits, those describing their ethnicity as Pakistani or Bangladeshi receive 29% of their income in various forms of state aid.

White citizens receive 15% of their income from social security, tax credits and the state pension. People of Chinese ethnicity get 10%. Those of mixed ethnicity get 13%, while those from black ethnic groups receive between 17% and 18%.

Yep, thats a prime example of lack of education and not knowing any better SC.

String me up.
      Thanks, I couldn't be arsed to look it up.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
        Britain's highest birth rates among migrants - Telegraph

The birth rate of immigrants is 3 times higher than that of British born. A significant proportion are from Pakistan and Bangladesh.

While those of Indian origin, for instance, get 8% of their income from the state in the form of benefits, state pension and tax credits, those describing their ethnicity as Pakistani or Bangladeshi receive 29% of their income in various forms of state aid.

White citizens receive 15% of their income from social security, tax credits and the state pension. People of Chinese ethnicity get 10%. Those of mixed ethnicity get 13%, while those from black ethnic groups receive between 17% and 18%.

Yep, thats a prime example of lack of education and not knowing any better SC.

String me up.
        Skewed by the average age of each group meaning that a higher proportion of the "white" group rely on a pension income which will include a state pension.

The figures really need to be normalised to only include those people of working age to show any real meaning.
        Coffee's for closers

Comment

Did Baroness Flather mentioned her statement is based on the study in below link..?? If not she might look like pointing those 2 communities only, though she looks to have a fair point.

Comment

Originally posted by Darren_Test View Post
            Did Baroness Flather mentioned her statement is based on the study in below link..?? If not she might look like pointing those 2 communities only, though she looks to have a fair point.

Is there an echo in this cave?

Comment

Simple to solve: limit benefits for all families to the first 2 or 3 children. After that, more kids != more benefits

Comment

We should ensure the 3rd and subsequent children get priority passes to the Alien hunting grounds.
                While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
                  Simple to solve: limit benefits for all families to the first 2 or 3 children. After that, more kids != more benefits
                  Disagree. Limit should be based on the family circumstances when they signed on for benefits. It would be unfair to punish a large family that had been paying its way that had fallen on hard times.
                  Put single parents in hostels with crèche facilities.
                  Use child neglect laws to prosecute families that have children that they can not support.
                  This would encourage people who want better houses or a larger family to provide for themselves.
                  There would have to be a minimum time off benefits before reassessing needs.

I also think that it should be possible to forcibly move anyone on benefits to cheaper accommodation after a suitable time on benefits.
                  Why should they get to live in up market areas and never consider moving. If I could not pay my way then I would have to sell up and move no matter how strong my ties with the community or where my children went to school.
                  Just saying like.

where there's chaos, there's cash !

I could agree with you, but then we would both be wrong!

Lowering the tone since 1963

Comment

Originally posted by Arturo Bassick View Post
                    Disagree. Limit should be based on the family circumstances when they signed on for benefits. It would be unfair to punish a large family that had been paying its way that had fallen on hard times.
                    Put single parents in hostels with crèche facilities.
                    Use child neglect laws to prosecute families that have children that they can not support.
                    This would encourage people who want better houses or a larger family to provide for themselves.
                    There would have to be a minimum time off benefits before reassessing needs.

I also think that it should be possible to forcibly move anyone on benefits to cheaper accommodation after a suitable time on benefits.
                    Why should they get to live in up market areas and never consider moving. If I could not pay my way then I would have to sell up and move no matter how strong my ties with the community or where my children went to school.
                    I don't give a **** where you put them, just so long as it's not next door to me.

Comment

I though they were limiting benefits to 25 grand max per household? When is that coming through?

My friend is major pissed off as his neighbour is a person, ehhm, 'with a large family' who has never worked since getting here, about 45, got a self cert mortgage and now his 7 kids in a 3 bedroom pay for his reasonable house in a reasonable area.

Comment

Working...
                      X