• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Message

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zeitghost
    Someone brought out a FORTH processor back in the 80s, wonder what happened to it... (need we ask?).

Ah, when I were a lad, Real Men printed out the designs of microprocessors on plotters at a scale so large that you needed an aircraft hangar to work on it... mind you there were less than 10k transistors on a chip back then

Oi ZG, I'm working on the Altera Cyclone II - you can stuff your PICs!

Comment

Someone brought out a FORTH processor back in the 80s, wonder what happened to it... (need we ask?).
      Yes, there was also the Novix 4016 of which I have several, one built into in a cigar box LCD touch screen etc. 20 mips, which was a blazing performance at the time.

It sold really well, and still does.

The thing about these FORTH processors made using FPGAs was that they are, for obscure reasons, extremely rad-hard and marvelous for image processing. For the officianados in the congregation that may tell you where they are used.
      Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
      threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman
        No silly, its all about the definition of one day. As he didnt create the stars and celestial bodies till the third day (after he had done all the creatures and fishes and things) there was no concept of a celestial day so the creatures and land masses could have been around for millenia before time could be measured. Besides, what constitutes a days work for a god may be measured in life times for mere mortals.
        Well, God, if you've gone and signed for a rate per "professional day" then you've just got to hang around until it's done.

Comment

Working...
        X