• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Greece Defaults

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    If it all goes tits up, I'm buying some nice villas in France and Spain for next to nothing.

How? If it goes that tits up your bank(s) will be tits up too so wave goodbye to any savings.

Better buy back into gold.
    Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
    Feist - I Feel It All
    Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Regardless of whether Greece defaults or not, life will be sh*te in Greece, the only recent country that defaulted recently is Argentina, Iceland didn't actually go bankrupt, it was the banks that did. Greece will have the double whammy, like Argentina, where the state and the banks go bankrupt. The effect of this is to completely squash the economy, because regradless of how cheap things are in Greece, there will be no credit. You can't run a business without credit. Anyone who thinks Argentina just bounced back within a few months, check again. Argentina went through years of pain. Greece needs to sort out it's public finances plain and simple, and it needs access to credit.
      I'm alright Jack

Comment

Greece needs to corner the european holiday market to bring in loads of lovely money. They've got the facilities and sunshine, just need the low prices.

Maybe a default and going back to the drachma will help that.
        Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
        Feist - I Feel It All
        Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

I thought the Greek government were going to sell their assets to solve some of their debit problems.

EUobserver.com / Economic Affairs / Greece unveils fire-sale of government assets
          Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

FFS DKUATB
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
              FFS DKUATB
              If you weren't such a pariah, perhaps people would take note of what you say.

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
                If you weren't such a pariah, perhaps people would take note of what you say.
                You're not exactly the dogs bollox yerself.
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                  You're not exactly the dogs bollox yerself.
                  Unlike you, I don't give a sh!t.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
                    Check it for skid marks, you can't be too careful with rich bankers about.
                    I give it sniff, it's clean. Keeping it jammed under me monitor until someone deserving crosses my path.
                    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
                      life will be sh*te in Greece
                      Why?

Weather is good and will remain so.

Food is good and cheap.

Plenty of rioting opportunities.

Greece is the country that managed to stop Persian hordes will surely manage this crisis like it never happened.

Comment

Working...
                      X