• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Is "911" the United States "Holocaust"?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    You googled that just to make sure, didn't you? Go on, admit it...
    You googled to check as well didn't you?
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
      ICBNs are Inter-Continental missiles, they were not deployed by USSR on Cuba.

What was attempted to be deployed was R-12 - intermediate-range nuclear ballistic missile.

Cuban Missile Crisis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
      The point is not what was deployed…

The question is, would Norad really be designed to only track any incoming threat only until it reached the US border?
      Assuming they had a plan to intercept the threat, did they not think there is a chance “it could slip by any counter measures and we better make sure we can still track it?”

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
        You googled to check as well didn't you?
        Nope I used Majestic12 and it came back with **** all. I think I just crashed your server farm.

Comment

Originally posted by sal626 View Post
          The question is, would Norad really be designed to only track any incoming threat only until it reached the US border?
          It's designed to deal with military targets (including flock of wild geese) in mind that would attempt to approach USA.

If NORAD people say they could not do it then that must be so because it's easier to verify given known technical capabilities and proper expert advice on the matter that you won't find on internet forum.

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
            You googled that just to make sure, didn't you? Go on, admit it...
            I usually try to back up my arguments with sources, it was obvious that it could not have been ICBMs given relatively short distance - the way they start would make it hard to hit target not far away.

Comment

It's designed to deal with military targets (including flock of wild geese) in mind that would attempt to approach USA.

If NORAD people say they could not do it then that must be so because it's easier to verify given known technical capabilities and proper expert advice on the matter that you won't find on internet forum.
              If that is true, I find it amazing that US military can be so stupid and arrogant that they did not plan on any threat actually crossing the border….

Comment

If that is true, I find it amazing that US military can be so stupid
                They are not stupid, they've got military radars but they were not expecting civilian aircraft of which there are plenty to become such a threat.

Comment

They are not stupid, they've got military radars but they were not expecting civilian aircraft of which there are plenty to become such a threat.
                  Even if they had military radars that only track military threats – not civilian aircraft, its pretty stupid if they only track it to the border, and not over US airspace…

On another note….US govt had indications of plans to hijack U.S. airliners and use them as weapons, as early as 1995...

Also: In April 2001, NORAD ran a war game in which the Pentagon was to become incapacitated; a NORAD planner proposed the simulated crash of a hijacked foreign commercial airliner into the Pentagon but the Joints Chiefs of Staff rejected that scenario as "too unrealistic" - WebCite query result

And.. "In the two years before the September 11 attacks, the North American Aerospace Defense Command conducted exercises simulating what the White House says was unimaginable at the time: hijacked airliners used as weapons to crash into targets and cause mass casualties. One of the imagined targets was the World Trade Center. In another exercise, jets performed a mock shootdown over the Atlantic Ocean of a jet supposedly laden with chemical poisons headed toward a target in the United States. In a third scenario, the target was the Pentagon — but that drill was not run after Defense officials said it was unrealistic” - USATODAY.com - NORAD had drills of jets as weapons

So why do these drills if they didn’t expect civilian airlines to become a threat....

I mean, even the writers of the Lone Gunmen thought of this....

Comment

Even if they had military radars that only track military threats – not civilian aircraft, its pretty stupid if they only track it to the border, and not over US airspace…

On another note….US govt had indications of plans to hijack U.S. airliners and use them as weapons, as early as 1995...

Also: In April 2001, NORAD ran a war game in which the Pentagon was to become incapacitated; a NORAD planner proposed the simulated crash of a hijacked foreign commercial airliner into the Pentagon but the Joints Chiefs of Staff rejected that scenario as "too unrealistic" - WebCite query result

And.. "In the two years before the September 11 attacks, the North American Aerospace Defense Command conducted exercises simulating what the White House says was unimaginable at the time: hijacked airliners used as weapons to crash into targets and cause mass casualties. One of the imagined targets was the World Trade Center. In another exercise, jets performed a mock shootdown over the Atlantic Ocean of a jet supposedly laden with chemical poisons headed toward a target in the United States. In a third scenario, the target was the Pentagon — but that drill was not run after Defense officials said it was unrealistic” - USATODAY.com - NORAD had drills of jets as weapons

So why do these drills if they didn’t expect civilian airlines to become a threat....

I mean, even the writers of the Lone Gunmen thought of this....
                    Tom Clancy wrote about a 747 hitting Capitol Hill in "Executive Orders"... Published in 1996...

Comment

Nobody in the military wanted to give order to shoot down civilian aircraft with fellow US citizens even in simulated game - that would have been an illegal order.

Personally I'd be worried more about military that easily shoots down such aircraft than other way around.

Comment

Working...
                      X