• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Im going permie....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Im going permie....

Well, finally got the foot in the door with an Asset Management and Investment Banking outfit... heard today they will wait the two months for me to finish my current contract, then I start with .Net 2 and training.... talk of making me a team leader / architect in the near term.... great salary, pension, shares, casual dress code, 5 minute walk from my new flat.

Happy Easter to all
    Vieze Oude Man

Oh Dear (tm)

Comment

Ta. Ive always made career decisions based on the best opportunity available - and this means no more 6.30 am wake ups, I can walk home for lunch, or go to one of the many top bars and restaurants there... dont have to wear a suit... and the money is comperable to contracting here at the moment.

Well, time will tell....
      Vieze Oude Man

Comment

You forgot the main perk - you will be able to post b0ll0x on CUK all day long

Comment

He he... ah, the joy of having a 3G phone / PDA so you dont have to worrry about corporate firewalls.... ;-)

The new version being rolled out claims to offer around 1.8 Megabits / sec...

If im lucky I might even be within WiFi distance if I carry a six foot aerial around with me.... browsing 'Test Please Delete' during the morning coffee break... mmmmm...
          Vieze Oude Man

Comment

Never say never !

Never say never, so if the right opportunity comes along, why not ? And why wait until there aren't enough contracts to go round and then find out that you have to compete with three times as many good candidates for any decent jobs. Timing is the essence mate and looks like you've timed it well. However, as we know there are no 'permanent' jobs anyway, so my advice is treat it as a contract, put an extra hour or so at least in the beginning, show that you are 'hungry' and eager to climb the ladder and you'll go far. Best of luck.

Comment

Well I am definitely going soft in my old age. A permie job has come up about 10 mins drive from home and I'm seriously considering it. I fancy a quiet life for a bit.

Comment

just out of interest...

why do people in investment banking always say in their first sentence they're in investment banking, while everybody in other sectors (pharms, hedge funds, telcos etc) keeps schtumm?

Comment

oh because their wa*kers

Comment

Because the extra 30% - 40% on your salary means you can treat posters like Jabberwocky with the contempt they deserve.... while posting from a 3G PDA that costs close to a grand in the back of taxi on the way back from satisfying your student nurse GF....

While he reads, while moving his lips, 'I did it my way' by some dead ayatollah.
                    Last edited by mcquiggd; 14 April 2006, 00:43.
                    Vieze Oude Man

Comment

Working...
                    X