• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Shortage of Engineers in the UK.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zeitghost
    Whatever happened to the "Vote BNP" chappie we used to have on the board?
    Probably deported as an illegal.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
      Next election, till then we'll have to suffer this coalition government, which looks just like the last Labour government to me (ie. more immigration, more public sector pay increases, more non-jobs, etc).

Public sector pay rises despite Coalition's 'wage freeze' - Telegraph
      Well, if I recall correctly we always did call Dave the heir to Blair.

I don't think voting UKIP would change anything anyway. The same people run the show no matter what the name of the party. It's all rigged.

Comment

Probably deported as an illegal.

More likely to have appealed on Article 8 (private & family life) and got discretionary leave.
        McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
        Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Vote UKIP. I am.
          I was originally in the reform camp..but now I just think the EU is so buggered it can never succeed. Such a beast can only exist if it becomes like Canada or the USA....and that ain't ever gonna happen...no matter how hard France tries.

So, nice and expensive experiment while its lasted. Time to give up on it me thinks. Anybody in the country have the guts to do that? 'Cuz Dave certainly doesn't.
          McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
          Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

I find there is a shortage of big businesses offering fantastic service, maybe if I upped the amount I paid them the situation might improve?

Strange they don't follow that logic through.
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by lilelvis2000 View Post
              Time to give up on it me thinks. Anybody in the country have the guts to do that? 'Cuz Dave certainly doesn't.
              He can't while he has a coallition with LibDems to keep in line.

His priority is the fecking huge deficit, and all the other tulip has to wait or be done on the sneaky.

Comment

Nobody is ever going to get this nation's engineering industry back again with political change.

The unions tried for years to down play the industry always painting the "the engineer" as a salt of the earth type working on the line with his grubby overalls and milky tea and to be defended because they never earned enough. Engineering is though of as a lower class industry.

We went from the great egg race to the apprentice. Heinz Wolf to Sugar, Professor of Engineering to Labour knighted barrow boy pedaling quick rich scheme ideas to children. Thanks feck I will be retired by the time his young fans get into the office place and think aggressive one up man ship is better than collaborative work practices.

Comment

What happened to gumption?
                  While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

As the numpty from the CBI makes clear there is no "skills shortage" there is just a shortage of people who can afford to take a job at the tulipe rates that Bob and Oleg can take - and are all the CBI will pay so that they can continue to jack up pay at the top levels in a way that bears zero relation to performance.

We are all being shafted royally by a very few people.

The parties have also stictched up the voting system so UKIP have no chance at all of getting any power in our parliament.

Comment

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
                      As the numpty from the CBI makes clear there is no "skills shortage" there is just a shortage of people who can afford to take a job at the tulipe rates that Bob and Oleg can take - and are all the CBI will pay so that they can continue to jack up pay at the top levels in a way that bears zero relation to performance.

We are all being shafted royally by a very few people.

The parties have also stictched up the voting system so UKIP have no chance at all of getting any power in our parliament.
                      Which pretty much leads me to conclude that for many people the best option is to start a new life in Australia, New Zealand, Singapore or Canada. Not perfect places, but a much brighter future for many.

Comment

Working...
                      X