• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Penalty Through Post For Driving In Middle Of Road

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The bicycle logo (for the country dwellers) is that you score extra points if you knock one over...
    Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic

Comment

Originally posted by TraceRacing View Post
      The bicycle logo (for the country dwellers) is that you score extra points if you knock one over...
      In the country it would be a painting of a horse.
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
        Are the little pictures of bicycles really necessary?
        Yes. They're to make some people think those lanes at the side are for bikes only, so if they don't slow down and take in all the signs and markings they'll maybe go down the middle thinking it's a daft idea by some cretin that would rather use obfuscation than just put up a f*****g sign saying no lorries or vehicles over a certain size.

Stuff like this by moron humans, and excused by other moron humans as the best solution make me glad I don't have to live or work in these 'centres of population', otherwise known as tulipholes.

And yes, I've ignored plenty of this tulip in the past, providing there's no camera around.
        Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
        Feist - I Feel It All
        Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

It's obviously setup as a cash cow for the local authority. Why else install an expensive monitoring camera on such a minor road.

However, the layout is (excessively) sign posted, so you don't have a chance in hell of winning a complaint. Another case of driver beware.

Satnav led me up a bus / taxi only road the other day. Waiting on a brown envelope...
          Wibble

Comment

Originally posted by PAH View Post
            Yes. They're to make some people think those lanes at the side are for bikes only,
            well, I'm a bumpkin and I've never seen a road layout like that

and when I saw the picture I thought it mean't bikes down the side and cars in the middle but I didn't get the white lines in the diamond box

jeeeez there must be a separate highcode for townies cos that system is really confusing

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
              jeeeez there must be a separate highcode for townies cos that system is really confusing

Intentionally designed that way by the same people that designed the tax system. It's not about being efficient or helpful, it's about revenue generation.
              Feist - I Feel It All

Comment

Originally posted by Cr1spy View Post
                Satnav led me up a bus / taxi only road the other day. Waiting on a brown envelope...

My twatnav is oblivious to one way systems and no entry signs. Maybe it's designed to be that crap or it needs an update.

Will an update work? Anyone got a satnav that knows how to navigate a typical town/city centre correctly?
                Feist - I Feel It All

Comment

Originally posted by DeludedAussie View Post
                  Anyone who has seen this first hand knows how difficult this can be

Englefield Rd to Englefield Rd, London N1, UK - Google Maps

I got a fine through the post for driving through the middle of the road and not to the left

My point is that the sign says 7"2 yet when I measured the actual space between the two bollards it is a lot less then 7"2 - More like 6"8

Should I just pay up or is it worth a fight?

There is no provision for that type of road layout in “The Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2002 Act”. I suspect it is the Council that is exceeding there power yet again. Take a copy of the ticket and show us, I am interest on what grounds they want to fine you.
                  "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by PAH View Post
                    Anyone got a satnav that knows how to navigate a typical town/city centre correctly?
                    You need a HumanBrain. Try and get one from the 70s, they have better firmware.
                    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Are there many of that sort of crud in that there London? Even if you could keep left e.g. on a motorbike that is still likely out of order because the cycle lane may be in operation.

WTF would be wrong with just a no motor vehicles sign. Except for milking the cash cow of course.

Comment

Working...
                      X