• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Wacky ideas thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
    Signs at roundabouts to let women drivers know they don't actually have to stop if there's no traffic.
    Add drivers wearing trilby hats to that one.

I nearly ended up in an over-the-handlebars moment due to that behaviour.

The other trick I hate is where wimmin take as straight a line as possible across roundabout without heed to anyone on the inside lane.
    Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Continuing the driving theme . . . .

A small device mounted above the drivers sunvison on saloon cars, that, when it detects the driver is wearing a hat, extends a telescopic arm to knock it off, while a prerecorded voice* says "It's not raining in your car, sh*t-for-brains".

* Just for fun, different voices could be chosen, Marilyn Monroe, Brian Blessed etc.

N.B. This device might not be suitable for Sihks, Hassidic Jews or people with bad syrups.
      The vegetarian option.

Comment

Originally posted by wobbegong View Post
        Continuing the driving theme . . . .

A small device mounted above the drivers sunvison on saloon cars, that, when it detects the driver is wearing a hat, extends a telescopic arm to knock it off, while a prerecorded voice* says "It's not raining in your car, sh*t-for-brains".

* Just for fun, different voices could be chosen, Marilyn Monroe, Brian Blessed etc.

N.B. This device might not be suitable for Sihks, Hassidic Jews or people with bad syrups.
        Bad syrups are dangerous because they can distract other drivers. Cars should be fitted with a vacuum sucker above the driver's head to remove them.

Comment

How about bio friendly insects that eat crumbs on computer keyboards and keep them clean.
          "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
            How about bio friendly insects that eat crumbs on computer keyboards and keep them clean.
            Get with the program Paddy, just use the office Aardvark like everybody else.
            The vegetarian option.

Comment

Originally posted by Sysman View Post

Add drivers wearing trilby hats to that one. ..
              Years ago the warning signs were a trilby or a pipe. But you don't see many pipe smokers these days.
              Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

A bicycle sail. Anyone who has cycled against the wind knows how powerful a force the wind is. Also, wider roads for tacking.

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
                  Years ago the warning signs were a trilby or a pipe. But you don't see many pipe smokers these days.
                  Do you remember this lot?

Originally established in 1932 as the Company of Veteran Motorists to combat the increasing number of road accidents...
                  If you saw the Veteran Motorist badge on the back of a car, trilby / pipe smoking rules applied.

Another danger sign was elderly wimmin wearing bobbled woolly hats (presumably knitted themselves).

My father and I came across a classic combination one day - man with trilby, wife with bobbled hat, and they were driving an Allegro. We took a detour to avoid following them for too far.
                  Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Blimey I joined GEM when I was about 35. I suppose my 15 or so years of driving would have made me a veteran in 1932.

I didn't join for the free trilby and pipe, but because it was cheaper than the AA.

Comment

I would like to invent a vacuum cleaner to use and keep free range poultry clean. I could then go on Dragons’ Den and ask for a £50k investment for a 2% share in my company named... "Cock Suckers”.
                      Last edited by Paddy; 12 September 2011, 14:46. Reason: Need to hide the words
                      "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Working...
                      X