• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bunch of temp employees

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How is that employers NI contribution working out for you UK guys ? 12.5 % now yeah ? Hehehe. Snigger

Comment

Originally posted by OzzieExpat
      UK Is tulipe.

Pound is falling. Ozzie dollar is king. Just cause you boys haven't seen sunshine for a while is no reason to lose your senses.

You are not special. You're just temps. As in the old days, it was prefered when these staff did the typing / or coded like moneys.

Design patterns. Don't make me laugh.
      Should'nt you be in Bangladesh helping your cricketers out?

DA in "talking down to the criminal classes" mode
      Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Well now this is just a suggestion, but isn't it time you all realised that you are in fact a bunch of temp employees. With IR35 & subsequent rulings why would anyone go contracting ? The regime treats you as a temp employee, contracting rates are lousy. Have they gone up in the last ten years ? You never get promoted and have no career. You are stuck being a techie - which is really looked down on these days. Agents are always trying to screw your rate down.
        Is it time to admit that contracting isnt worth it ? Here's a suggestion. Leave the country. Mr GB has shagged you sensless. Get out while you still have a few quid in your pocket !
        Employee no - I just told my client last week what work I do and what work I don't when they asked me to do a job.

My rates are going up but its hard to do a comparrison with a few years ago as I am no longer a techie but been promoted several times from A/P to Team Leader then on to Release Manager and now Project Manager.

Agents always try to screw me down on rate but they never succeed.

As a sideline I do investigation/debt collecting for contractors screwed by their agents - its no coincidence that most of my clients are Aussie's unable to look after themselves because they are such wimps - they whinge about it but unable to do anything about it. Judging by your post you have been unable to look after yourself suggest you go home to mum.

Comment

When their car broke down a Jew, an Indian and an Australian knocked on a farmer's door to ask for accommodation for the night. "I only have room for two, one of you will have to sleep in the barn," said the farmer. "Alright, I will," said the Jew.
          But 5 minutes later there was a knock at the door. "There's a pig in the barn, I can't sleep in there," said the Jew. "Okay, I'll go," said the Indian.
          Five minutes later there was a knock on the door. "There is an un-sacred cow in the barn," he said. "No worries mate, I'll go," said the Australian.
          Five minutes later there was yet another knock at the door. It was the pig and cow.
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

I think you'll find the revenue "deem" you an employee. Why not make it official ?

Comment

I know of a business man who sells electrical equipment in Australia, mainly refrigeration.
              He doesn't make a fortune....he's just hoping to increase the hole in the ozone layer over there!

Comment

I think you'll find the revenue "deem" you an employee. Why not make it official ?
                I think you will find that immigration will deem you as Australian so why not make it official and p*ss off home? (I love aussies really)
                Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Well now this is just a suggestion, but isn't it time you all realised that you are in fact a bunch of temp employees. With IR35 & subsequent rulings why would anyone go contracting ? The regime treats you as a temp employee, contracting rates are lousy. Have they gone up in the last ten years ? You never get promoted and have no career. You are stuck being a techie - which is really looked down on these days. Agents are always trying to screw your rate down.
                  Is it time to admit that contracting isnt worth it ? Here's a suggestion. Leave the country. Mr GB has shagged you sensless. Get out while you still have a few quid in your pocket !
                  Yes - I agree the UK is sh1te at the moment. Much of the sh1teness being caused by ( a ) the most corrupt and incompetent government the UK has seen in modern history and ( b) The influx of fools from our numerous ex-colonies wanting to make a quick-buck on the back of the UK's economy.

if I were you, I would be more concerned about China's long term strategic need for raw materials and where it can find these in vast quantities in the region and where it will meet little military resitance.....oh that will be Oz !

Dont worry, I am sure that the UK military will come to your aid when China comes looking for a "Waltz with Matilda".

Assuming we are not bankrupt (again)

Comment

I heard it was sunny in the UK yesterday. Hope you've all taken a photo, cause it might be the last time you see it for a while.
                    Still I expect 1/2 of you will be off to Grimsby for a swim this Easter right ?

By the way contracting in Oz is better than the UK. Plus better quality off life. I hope that's clear.

Comment

I heard it was sunny in the UK yesterday. Hope you've all taken a photo, cause it might be the last time you see it for a while.
                      Still I expect 1/2 of you will be off to Grimsby for a swim this Easter right ?

By the way contracting in Oz is better than the UK. Plus better quality off life. I hope that's clear.
                      Look mate. I'm afraid you can't have the job of forum village idiot. The incumbent Chico has merely taken a temporary leave of absence.
                      Hard Brexit now!
                      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                      X