• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What has happened to Scottish football?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    However, statistically, London is much more likely to get nuked than any of those places.
    And in all honesty, just who, outside the M25, would really give a rat's arse?

All the bankers, politicians, most of the looters, and sasguru gone in one huge fireball.
    What's not to like?

If London disappears, the rest of the UK becomes irrelevant, less important than Portugal or Belgium.

BTW I think I passed you on the motorway the other day, stuck in the middle lane at 70, staring fixedly ahead, drool dribbling down your chin. I don't think you noticed me or anyone else.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
      If London disappears, the rest of the UK becomes irrelevant, less important than Portugal or Belgium.

BTW I think I passed you on the motorway the other day, stuck in the middle lane at 70, staring fixedly ahead, drool dribbling down your chin. I don't think you noticed me or anyone else.
      Couldn't have been Shaun. He never goes above 45 on the motorway.
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
        BTW I think I passed you on the motorway the other day, stuck in the middle lane at 70, I don't think you noticed me.
        Of course I did, who could fail to spot the "Special Bus" weaving dangerously close to the central crash barriers, and the retarded occupants crazily belting out "Ten Green Bottles" whilst furiously licking the windows?
        Word to the wise for you too, "Wham" t-shirts are so 80s! Go back to your "I'm with this idiot" one, makes you look less of a numpty.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
          Couldn't have been Shaun. He never goes above 45 on the motorway.
          Well what with his arthritis and Alzheimers, can you blame him?
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
            It's purely down to money and the market.

The EPL is almost entirely financed by TV (and debt). Scotland doesn't have the worldwide market for subscription TV that the EPL does, hence the money on offer is insignificant by comparison to the EPL and the Championship.

It used to be that the Old Firm would get plundered by Liverpool and Man U occasionaly (Dalglish, Buchan, Macari etc) but now they can be plundered by Barnsley (in a financial sense).

Rangers/celtic have as big a fan base and attendance as the biggest clubs in England. If they were receiving the same TV money, the would be competing, but they're not, so they aren't. Simples

Anyone who supports a team outside the Old Firm (like me for instance) enjoys watching them fall from their perceived 'grace'.
            Celtic and Rangers should have joined the Premiership years ago. Okay, so they would have been forced to spend a season or two in the Championship, but once they got promotion they would have added to the excitement of the Premier League.
            Speaking gibberish on internet talkboards since last Michaelmas. Plus here on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by MrMark View Post
              Celtic and Rangers should have joined the Premiership years ago. Okay, so they would have been forced to spend a season or two in the Championship, but once they got promotion they would have added to the excitement of the Premier League.
              To be honest I doubt they are any better than mid league Championship nowadays.
              merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by MrMark View Post
                I honestly don't think they're that good, getting out of the Championship is no walk in the park.
                Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
                  I honestly don't think they're that good, getting out of the Championship is no walk in the park.

Given that they would be on the same Tv money as any other team in the championship, with guaranteed crowds of 50,000-60,000 per week, I think they'd manage

To be honest, i'd like to see them disappear from Scottish football myself :-) Let the rest of Scotland find it's own footballing level. Standard and budgets may go down along with quality, but at least it would have competition.
                  When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
                    Considering Celtic have pretty much zero debt compared to existing teams like Arsenal (200m), Liverpool (400m), Chelsea (1500m), Man Utd (700m) Celtic could just buy a team in the first year for 150 million.

Oh, and they have said they would finish the stadium off to make it an 82,000 seater.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
                      Considering Celtic have pretty much zero debt compared to existing teams like Arsenal (200m), Liverpool (400m), Chelsea (1500m), Man Utd (700m) Celtic could just buy a team in the first year for 150 million.

Oh, and they have said they would finish the stadium off to make it an 82,000 seater.
                      Chelsea 1500m debt? Where did you get that figure?

Comment

Working...
                      X