• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How long before the Gold bubble bursts?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    Monday 11th February 2013 at 8.30am UTC
    Over 12 months? Interesting. Personally I think it's going to go titsup sooner rather than later.

Comment

After the next recession and when there are no more debt problems in Europe/US etc.

About 2025?
      "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Something's got to change soon for sure. If you look at the slope on the price graph over a long period, a year, 5 years, or even 20 years, the slope is getting steeper as time goes on, especially in recent weeks. For sure inflation can explain some of that, which is compounded and hence would make graph trend look exponential.

Gold Price Chart - Live Spot Gold Prices - BullionVault.com

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
          Something's got to change soon for sure. If you look at the slope on the price graph over a long period, a year, 5 years, or even 20 years, the slope is getting steeper as time goes on, especially in recent weeks. For sure inflation can explain some of that, which is compounded and hence would make graph trend look exponential.

Gold Price Chart - Live Spot Gold Prices - BullionVault.com
          Certainly is scary. I jumped off because the oil price looked similar, when it was about $145 a barrel and everyone said it would be $200 within weeks. Then next stop was $35 a barrel.

Who knows when it will go pop. Certainly not me, but I don't want it to go pop with my money on board.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
            Certainly is scary. I jumped off because the oil price looked similar, when it was about $145 a barrel and everyone said it would be $200 within weeks. Then next stop was $35 a barrel.

Who knows when it will go pop. Certainly not me, but I don't want it to go pop with my money on board.
            Mine has almost doubled in the last 2 years, so it would have to go pop pretty rapidly to come out losing, and many have been in longer than that.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
              Mine has almost doubled in the last 2 years, so it would have to go pop pretty rapidly to come out losing, and many have been in longer than that.
              I hadn't been into gold in any significant way that long. Well done sir (and Milan too).

Comment

The bubble will be burst when the number of small investors starts to tail off having sold their shares at suicidally low rates and invested that money into gold at the boiler-room scam price. Then the "market" will persuade the punters to sell the gold again when it falls and buy the shares when they're approaching the top of the market.

It's a far easier way of transferring the money of the gullible into the pockets of the rich than having to bother with all that pesky manufacturing of goods or selling services.

Comment

Originally posted by craig1 View Post
                  The bubble will be burst when the number of small investors starts to tail off having sold their shares at suicidally low rates and invested that money into gold at the boiler-room scam price. Then the "market" will persuade the punters to sell the gold again when it falls and buy the shares when they're approaching the top of the market.

It's a far easier way of transferring the money of the gullible into the pockets of the rich than having to bother with all that pesky manufacturing of goods or selling services.
                  You might be on to something. Gold will be high, stock markets rock bottom and then whoosh! All the little peoples money gone and the big boys have cleaned up, again.

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
                    So all you're saying is that the gold bubble will burst when the gold bubble bursts.
                    If you spend too much thinking about the target you'll forget the objective.

Don't wait for the markets to say when you should sell. Set yourself a target and sell once you've met it.
                    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by craig1 View Post

Just like when the ability to become a Lloyd's Name was opened up to the gullible...

Cooper sells Lonsdale Belts to finance Lloyd's losses - UK, News - The Independent

Comment

Working...
                      X