• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What a rip-off

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    They built the mother of all poundlands in town a while ago, I quite like wandering about it, the HDMI cables for the monitors I am using just now came from there, I got a tablet stand last week that sits hidden behind my sofa so when I am not using it I can drop it onto that for recharging.

I like to think I know what needs to be quality and be willing to pay a lot for and what I can buy cheap just to get by on.
    A mothership landed near near me too. It's entertaining walking around looking at the low prices. A bit like Habitat, but in reverse - even with Habitat's 70% off sales on my jaw drops at the high prices and awful tat.

I notice that Poundland's packs of e.g. Mars bar and Snickers (at 3 a pack now) are cheaper in Sainbury's though, where you can get a 5 pack for £1. Probably a loss-leader.

Comment

Working...
    X