• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

MX-5 for daily commute?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    Are they not very reliable?
    Anything that feeble must be reliable. Not like you are going to stress it by going anywhere quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
      Anything that feeble must be reliable. Not like you are going to stress it by going anywhere quickly.

Mx-5 performance figures:

Mazda MX-5 (90-05) - Facts & Figures - Parkers

Faster than you've ever driven, DIm
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Shush, Daddy is talking now. I'd just like AtW to give us the benefit of his experience with Japanese sports cars.

Just wondering because this is what Parkers say about it...

Originally posted by Parkers Guide
        Pretty much every manufacturer builds a convertible and it was the MX-5 that got us all back into drop-tops in the first place. With rear-wheel drive and sharp, responsive handling, it's fun to drive although it's not hugely powerful. Being a Mazda, it's also superbly reliable and well-engineered. If you're after a fun car then make sure you stick this on your list of possibilities.
        Last edited by Churchill; 23 August 2011, 11:07.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
          MX5 is great for daily commute if you work at Mazda garage.

HTH
          You always have to say something, the more idiotic the better?
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

Shush, Daddy is talking now. I'd just like AtW to give us the benefit of his experience with Japanese sports cars.
            My post was meant to be a joke.

Can't really comment on reliability but it does not look as solid as something like Nissan Z350 or Honda S2000.

Most importantly it's a girlie car, not worth considering really as far as I am concerned.

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
              My post was meant to be a joke.

Can't really comment on reliability but it does not look as solid as something like Nissan Z350 or Honda S2000.

Most importantly it's a girlie car, not worth considering really as far as I am concerned.

HTH
              Still happy with your Peugeot?

Comment

You'll be toodling along (well flat out really) at 70 and someone will drive by in a VX-220, look at you and laugh and then squeeze the throttle.

Comment

Still happy with your Peugeot?
                  Mostly - build quality is a bit tulip, might have to upgrade next year I reckon.

Comment

You'll be toodling along (well flat out really) at 70 and someone will drive by in a VX-220, look at you and laugh and then squeeze the throttle.

The VX-220 gets its fair share of laughs too. Mostly from Elise drivers, as the VX-220 is the ugly sister* with a horrid name. Ripe for bullying.

Good job it's a fast runner with that 2.2 litre turbo engine.

* The VX-220 is a re-skinned Elise, both built at the same facility by Lotus, but with a better engine (at the time). Will probably be a collectors item in it's own right due to the limited production run, and a rare modern 'Vauxhall' sports car that isn't a monster saloon in the more typical Lotus Carlton / VXR8 mould.
                    Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
                    Feist - I Feel It All
                    Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Originally posted by PAH View Post
                      The VX-220 gets its fair share of laughs too. Mostly from Elise drivers, as the VX-220 is the ugly sister* with a horrid name. Ripe for bullying.

Good job it's a fast runner with that 2.2 litre turbo engine.

* The VX-220 is a re-skinned Elise, both built at the same facility by Lotus, but with a better engine (at the time). Will probably be a collectors item in it's own right due to the limited production run, and a rare modern 'Vauxhall' sports car that isn't a monster saloon in the more typical Lotus Carlton / VXR8 mould.
                      I prefer the look of the VX-220 it is more manly and much rarer than an Elise.

Comment

Working...
                      X