• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Gold

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    I like to drill mine out and fill them with lead and then sell them back
    Well, when you steal one gold coin, you can just disappear. When you drill whole gold bar, they will find you, unless they think you're already dead.

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
      You can fool machines by filing 50p pieces down to make 10p pieces.........

Hang on......

Old 10p's wrapped in silver foil would fool old slot machines into thinking they were 50ps.

Cough. I heard.

What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post

Old 10p's wrapped in silver foil would fool old slot machines into thinking they were 50ps.

Cough. I heard.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post

Cough. I heard.

I 'heard' that too and I 'heard' that they worked in cigarette machines back in the days when fags were £1.50 a pack.

I also 'heard' that you could mould 50p pieces from ice and put them in the gas meter and electricity meters in your student flat and I 'heard' that you could use a hair dryer on the base of the coin box to evaporate said ice 50p making your fraud untraceable (other than using lots of gas/elec and there being no money in the coin box). I only 'heard' this though.
          When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

I heard two (old) 5p pieces made a new pound, but the dimensions aren't perfect.

The 1968 [to 1990] version of the coin weighed 5.65 grams and had a diameter of 23.59 millimetres, thickness 1.7mm.

Code:
            Amount		: Diameter	 	Thickness	Weight
            --------------------------------------------------------------
            2 * 5p		: 23.59,		3.4mm,		11.3g            
            One pound	: 22.5 mm,		3.15 mm,	9.5 g

Comment

Thoughts for today?

Markets rallied around the world on well....nothing, Greece is still default, £ still to devalue more, Gold to go up and Torquay to win the 2nd division.
              What happens in General, stays in General.
              You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Comment

Just went skyward for some reason. Expect some economic news.

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
                    I 'heard' that too and I 'heard' that they worked in cigarette machines back in the days when fags were £1.50 a pack.

I also 'heard' that you could mould 50p pieces from ice and put them in the gas meter and electricity meters in your student flat and I 'heard' that you could use a hair dryer on the base of the coin box to evaporate said ice 50p making your fraud untraceable (other than using lots of gas/elec and there being no money in the coin box). I only 'heard' this though.
                    Wouldn't the hair dryer use 50p's worth of electricity rendering the whole process rather pointless?

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                      I like to drill mine out and fill them with lead and then sell them back.

Ratners used to do that. Also ther used to be coin clipping.

Coin clipping
                      "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Working...
                      X