• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Low maintenance sports/luxury cars?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scrag Meister View Post
    Go for a Nissan 350Z, NorthernLadUK will be along shortly to confirm.

Sports/Luxury and Cheap very rarely go together in the same sentence, I'd stick to your Fiesta if you're that worried.
    I might not be NorthernLadUK, but I can confirm.

Is more than fast enough for the pubic road.
    Annual service is about 250.
    In between services just top up oil if needed (rarely needed on mine) and give it a scrub once in a while.
    It is not a sophisticated car so not much goes wrong and if it does parts prices and labour are reasonable.

Might not be as blingy as a Porker ot Aston, so might not be what you are after, but it is faster than a Boxster.
    "Condoms should come with a free pack of earplugs."

Comment

Whatever you do, steer clear of a Mazda RX8 - unless you own an oil refinery.

Comment

Isn't the 370Z a much better car?

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
          Isn't the 370Z a much better car?
          Wouldn't know. As my 350Z is super charged and running without problems I see no reason to try a car with 80 bhp less that I will not buy.

Used 350Z are very cheap now as some people think the are expensive to fuel due to the 3.5l engine.

Comment

Are 'low maintentance sports/luxury cars' more or less expensive than high maintenance sports/luxury women?
            And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
              Are 'low maintentance sports/luxury cars' more or less expensive than high maintenance sports/luxury women?
              A wise old one once told me "if it floats, flies or ****s - then renting is better than owning".

Comment

Originally posted by ThomasSoerensen View Post

Used 350Z are very cheap now as some people think the are expensive to fuel due to the 3.5l engine.
                Are they wrong??
                Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                  Depends how often you want to service them.

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
                    Are they wrong??
                    If you can't afford to fuel your car then you should have bourght a push bike.

I, with the super charger, get approx 30 mpg on the highway trips, 25mpg in the city and 12mpg on the Nurburgring

A car without the super charger should do approx 20% more.

So depending on how you use it, you can see if you can afford to fuel it.

Comment

Originally posted by ThomasSoerensen View Post
                      If you can't afford to fuel your car then you should have bourght a push bike.
                      Or a more efficient car?
                      Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Working...
                      X