• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

TV company wanting to film my house!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by alreadypacked View Post
    You will also need them to cover redecorating, etc. as the heavy equipment can do a lot of damage. Don't be too quick to sign on the dotted line, ask if you can contact some previous house owners, do some research.
    Indeed, good point.

I get the impression that they just need an outside shot of someone coming out of the house and falling over, so should not be any need for any plant machinery.

If they redecorate the garden for me though I would be very happy, as it needs a good overhaul!

Comment

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
      Indeed, good point.

I get the impression that they just need an outside shot of someone coming out of the house and falling over, so should not be any need for any plant machinery.

If they redecorate the garden for me though I would be very happy, as it needs a good overhaul!
      I was thinking of a number of trucks, blocking street, collapsing drains etc. and that's even before they set-up in your hallway.
      Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

This is a sockie lining up a new thread.

'Oh those lovely people from the film company turned up last night, took a few photos and all of a sudden my neighbours were out fffing and blinding'

or

'Well how surprised was I when I found out my neighbours had called in Neighbours from Hell and they had tricked me into appearing'.

0/10. Must try harder.
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

I guess they won't have to bring any filming equipment.

Comment

Never let anyone film in your house, they usually destroy it.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
              I guess they won't have to bring any filming equipment.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                Can't you get Russian TV round to yours for an episode of 'When Taps Scald'?

Comment

I had a visit from a film company "Mr Finder" way back when I used to live in Mile End in the 80's
                  They wanted a run down terrace exterior shot (cheeky sods) for filming the Peter Gabriel & Kate Bush (phwoar!) "don't give up" video

Seemed to be a fixed price of £250 for the rights in them days- but nothing came of it
                  How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

I had about 5 minutes of an episode of Taggart filmed at my place, including a murder which was pretty cool.

They were here for 2.5 days and the amount of crew and equipment was unbelievable. They even had 2 massive cherry picker trucks for the lighting and their own generator they used so much electricity.
                    It paid well and was really fascinating to watch.
                    It was all outside and they behaved impeccably - asking me every time they wanted to do anything and putting everything back the way it was.

I'd say go for it, but definitely get in writing what they are proposing to do.
                    Back at the coal face

Comment

Probably 'Shameless'. IIRC he does live down the 'pov' end of town.

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
                      Totally random phone call from a neighbour.

A tv company want a house like mine for some outdoor filming.

Get the impression not for a lot of long term work, just to film the outside with the actors coming and going, as most of the action will be inside the house, which will be built on a purpose built set.

They are coming to see me and measure up this evening. They also sad they will need to discuss money with me - would be a bonus to get paid for that to be honest.

If you get a call more random than that tonight, I would like to hear about it!
                      Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

Working...
                      X