• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

(Illegal) Things we did as kids

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nicked some champagne bottles along with a mate at a wedding, then got so pissed I had to be carried home unconscious. I was 11.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
      Nicked some champagne bottles along with a mate at a wedding, then got so pissed I had to be carried home unconscious. I was 11.

I was nicking half bottles of double diamond with a fag-end in them, and you were on the champagne

typical

(\__/)
      (>'.'<)
      ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post

I was nicking half bottles of double diamond with a fag-end in them, and you were on the champagne

typical

Don't be jealous; lukewarm Moët Chandon tastes pretty much like Double Diamond mixed with with fag-ends anyway.

Comment

Wow, the bottles story reminds me of another. In the days when you got deposits back on bottles we used to climb over the wall at the local pub, nick some empties and then go and cash them in....

Happy days....
          Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
            Don't be jealous; lukewarm Moët Chandon tastes pretty much like Double Diamond mixed with with fag-ends anyway.
            nah, I'm not jealous. just a bit interested in the lifestyle really. I tried some caviar with champers a few years ago and it was orrible, then once I got a carton of orange and a tin of irish stew from a supermarket in Holland. The orange turned out to be iced tea and the stew was a tin of tripe in vinegar

(\__/)
            (>'.'<)

Comment

To the person who neg repped me in this thread and signed it from my mum, I would just like to point out that she died recently

so I dont believe it was really her.

whoever it was, please desist.
              (\__/)
              (>'.'<)

Comment

To the person who neg repped me in this thread and signed it from my mum, I would just like to point out that she died recently

I wonder why neg rep is never accompanied by a name, and +rep often is.

Comment

When I was about 12 I thought it would be fun to scare the old Chinese lady next door with some caps (from a cap gun). I got a whole roll of caps, put it on the floor in the yard and decided to hit it with a hammer.

I didn't actually hear the bang. There was just a very loud ringing, which went on for several hours. It was very much like a scene from 'Saving Private Ryan' or something. I blame that incident on my inability to hear people properly in pubs.
                  Qdos Contractor - IR35 experts

Comment

Sorry to hear that EO, my condolences.

Find out who it was here.
                    The vegetarian option.

Comment

Originally posted by TraceRacing View Post
                      Wow, the bottles story reminds me of another. In the days when you got deposits back on bottles we used to climb over the wall at the local pub, nick some empties and then go and cash them in....

Happy days....
                      Did that with the local Conservative club, but it was their fault that they'd left the empties in strewn around their front garden.

Didn't dare take any beer bottles though. It was a small village and my parents didn't buy bottled beer.

My best schoolmate got nicked for riding his bike with no lights after dark.

Copper: "How old are you?"
                      Schoolmate: "Eight".
                      Copper: "Do you want to live until you are nine?"

Schoolmate's ninth birthday was the following day and that question scared the wits out of him.
                      Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Working...
                      X