• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "(Illegal) Things we did as kids"

Collapse

• OwlHoot
    replied
    An electronic engineering student mate at uni who was a tea connoisseur built a timer with settings for several different kinds of tea, such as Earl Grey, Assam, etc. I had no idea they all needed brewing for different times, or else as he claimed they would taste like ditch water.

Anyway, to put his theory to the test, I swapped round all the labels on his timer, and watched intrigued as he tried one brew after the other grimacing at the taste and wondering what had gone so horribly wrong.

To this day I feel guilty about that mean trick.

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    thanks wob.

I know who it was, but I will keep schtum. I think the guy has mental problems
    Not really in the spirit of things is it EO? Name and shame, then I'll see you and the usual rabble on PM to launch a coordinated mind game attack.

I bet it was one of those pesky newbies.

My condolences btw.

Leave a comment:

• kingcook
    replied
    I must have been about 8 years old. When we went to the corner shop, the sweet old man in the back would hear the bell chime on the door and take almost a full minute to get to the front of the shop.

During that time, we'd fill our pockets with sweets, then buy something for 10p

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    thanks wob.

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Originally posted by wobbegong View Post
    Sorry to hear that EO, my condolences.

Find out who it was here.
    thanks wob.

Leave a comment:

• Arturo Bassick
    replied
    Sounds like some of you were telling porkies when I asked if you would ever have joined in the riots. Thieves and vagabonds.

Leave a comment:

• Bunk
    replied
    Originally posted by Sysman View Post
    I've had both flavours of rep signed, but not always using the right name.

My favourite positive rep received was this one, in response to a Doom and Gloom thread I started:

Actual poster: Someone else
    AtW? He's repped me as DP before, concerning gold as well.

Leave a comment:

• Sysman
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    I wonder why neg rep is never accompanied by a name, and +rep often is.
    I've had both flavours of rep signed, but not always using the right name.

My favourite positive rep received was this one, in response to a Doom and Gloom thread I started:

Good doom. Keep it up whilst I am too busy counting my gold bars. DP
    Actual poster: Someone else

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    And the usual number of eyes.
    How many mirrors did you need to count them all?

Leave a comment:

• Sysman
    replied
    Originally posted by TraceRacing View Post
    Wow, the bottles story reminds me of another. In the days when you got deposits back on bottles we used to climb over the wall at the local pub, nick some empties and then go and cash them in....

Happy days....
    Did that with the local Conservative club, but it was their fault that they'd left the empties in strewn around their front garden.

Didn't dare take any beer bottles though. It was a small village and my parents didn't buy bottled beer.

My best schoolmate got nicked for riding his bike with no lights after dark.

Copper: "How old are you?"
    Schoolmate: "Eight".
    Copper: "Do you want to live until you are nine?"

Schoolmate's ninth birthday was the following day and that question scared the wits out of him.

Leave a comment:

• wobbegong
    replied
    To the person who neg repped me in this thread and signed it from my mum, I would just like to point out that she died recently

so I dont believe it was really her.

whoever it was, please desist.
    Sorry to hear that EO, my condolences.

Find out who it was here.

Leave a comment:

• Qdos Contractor
    replied
    When I was about 12 I thought it would be fun to scare the old Chinese lady next door with some caps (from a cap gun). I got a whole roll of caps, put it on the floor in the yard and decided to hit it with a hammer.

I didn't actually hear the bang. There was just a very loud ringing, which went on for several hours. It was very much like a scene from 'Saving Private Ryan' or something. I blame that incident on my inability to hear people properly in pubs.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    To the person who neg repped me in this thread and signed it from my mum, I would just like to point out that she died recently

I wonder why neg rep is never accompanied by a name, and +rep often is.

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    Don't be jealous; lukewarm Moët Chandon tastes pretty much like Double Diamond mixed with with fag-ends anyway.
    nah, I'm not jealous. just a bit interested in the lifestyle really. I tried some caviar with champers a few years ago and it was orrible, then once I got a carton of orange and a tin of irish stew from a supermarket in Holland. The orange turned out to be iced tea and the stew was a tin of tripe in vinegar

Leave a comment:

Working...
X