• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

ClientCo closing early today due to civil unrest

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's complete chaos here in Clerkenwell. There's bits everywhere, nothing works, I honestly don't see how such extensive damage can be repaired

I might revert back to the version in SVN and start this refactoring again now I've worked out how not to do it

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
      Apparently the shopkeepers in Thorton Hearth have boarded up their shops, emptied them of stock and fled with the residents.
      What are the shopkeepers going to do with the residents? Sell 'em into slavery?
      Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

My office is near Soho and we were sent home at 5 pm. There is an increased nervousness about what could happen today. My guess would be that the thugs would have spent today disposing off the looted stuff and will be busy snorting cocaine than going out to cause trouble.
        Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Hide if you can

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
          My office is near Soho and we were sent home at 5 pm. There is an increased nervousness about what could happen today. My guess would be that the thugs would have spent today disposing off the looted stuff and will be busy snorting cocaine than going out to cause trouble.
          "Taking cocaine makes users feel on top of the world. Its effect is like the stimulant ‘amphetamines’ (speed) but is stronger and doesn't last as long. People taking it feel wide-awake, confident and on top of their game."

"Cocaine is a stimulant, so it can raise the body’s temperature, make the heart beat faster and stave off feelings of hunger."

"The effects of crack smoking are virtually immediate, peaking for about two minutes and lasting for only about 10 minutes. For snorted coke there is a slower time to peak but the effects still don’t last that long (around 20-30 minutes)."

Source: FRANK - Cocaine

-------

Comment

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
            Shouldn't you be wandering round the streets with a baseball bat ready for these little bastards.
            What happens in General, stays in General.
            You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Working...
            X