• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Life as a Londoner

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    LloydsBanking group are using today to bury bad news of job cuts.

Why don't they go the whole hog and torch their own branches. Claim off the insurance instead of having the cost of closing them down.
    Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
    Feist - I Feel It All
    Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Originally posted by PAH View Post
      Why don't they go the whole hog and torch their own branches. Claim off the insurance instead of having the cost of closing them down.
      It's probably been done for them already over the last few days.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

LloydsBanking group are using today to bury bad news of job cuts.
        Where are you seeing this?

Comment

Originally posted by russell View Post
          Where are you seeing this?
          I'm listening to talk radio and it was announced.

Comment

I'm listening to talk radio and it was announced.
            Ah OK not seen it on the web yet.

Comment

It's probably been done for them already over the last few days.

I'm surprised by the apparent lack of bank robbery reported last night.

Maybe the bank robbers were too slow off the mark and didn't realise it was a free-for-all, or it takes special tools to break into the safes so they didn't have time to get organised.

If the same happens tonight I expect every bank and cash point to have been raided. A proper run on the banks. Last night was just teens raiding shops. There must be loads of hardened criminals itching to fill their boots.

If I was one of them I'd be organising a similar event in a different city now all the reserve coppers are being brought into London.
              Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
              Feist - I Feel It All
              Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Originally posted by PAH View Post
                I'm surprised by the apparent lack of bank robbery reported last night.

Maybe the bank robbers were too slow off the mark and didn't realise it was a free-for-all, or it takes special tools to break into the safes so they didn't have time to get organised.

If the same happens tonight I expect every bank and cash point to have been raided. A proper run on the banks. Last night was just teens raiding shops. There must be loads of hardened criminals itching to fill their boots.

If I was one of them I'd be organising a similar event in a different city now all the reserve coppers are being brought into London.
                Manchester looks good.

Comment

Manchester looks good.
                  I have been saying that for years.... Though when we say Manchester we actually mean certain parts of greater manchester i.e. Sale, Altrincham, Cheadle, Wilmslow, Knutsford, Bramhall etc...

Comment

Originally posted by russell View Post
                    Ah OK not seen it on the web yet.
                    Organisational changes announced today
                    This morning we have briefed affected colleagues about changes taking place in our Simplification and Integration programmes. This overview provides detail on the main changes that have been announced today.

Simplification
                    As announced on the 30 June, a key objective of the Strategic Review is to become a leaner, agile, more responsive and simpler organisation focused on the UK.

As a result of today’s announcement there will be a reduction of 1,120 roles. This number forms part of the overall reduction that was announced in June.

By becoming more efficient the Group will be able to re-invest in growth initiatives to deliver better value for money products and services whilst providing investors with strong, stable and sustainable returns.

New team structures are today being announced for Risk as well as Group Corporate Affairs, Customers and Brands, Products, Mortgages and Operations within Group Operations. All aim to simplify and align existing structures and put us in a stronger position to deliver the Strategic Review.

Integration
                    As a result of today’s announcement there will also be a reduction of 180 roles across the Group related to Integration. Full details are available on the relevant business unit intranet sites.

Supporting our Colleagues
                    We are working closely with all the relevant colleagues, giving them the support they need. Line managers will work consistently and flexibly with those involved to ensure the changes are managed sensitively. Our policy is always to use natural turnover and to redeploy people wherever possible to retain their expertise and knowledge within the Group.

Where it is necessary for employees to leave the company, we will look to achieve this by offering voluntary redundancy. Compulsory redundancies will always be a last resort.

The Group's unions, Accord, Unite and LTU were consulted prior to this announcement and will continue to be consulted throughout the process.

Comment

Working...
                    X