• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How to negotiate a rate rise considering my situation?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    It's this kind of bollocks that gets contractors a bad name. If you have a contract to go to, then go. Don't play one off against the other like some sort of child.

Straight talking and straight dice all the way. Mess people about and you'll end up with nothing.
    hmmm thats permie talk, be honest with people but follow the money if that's what motivates you
    sufficiently advanced stupidity is indistinguishable from malice - Asimov (sort of)

there is no art in a factory, not even in an art factory - Mixerman

everyone is stupid some of the time - trad.

Comment

Forget it, in this climate you wil be lucky to be in a contract soon, if you raise your head above the parapit expect a clean cut.

Comment

Originally posted by russell View Post
        Forget it, in this climate you wil be lucky to be in a contract soon, if you raise your head above the parapit expect a clean cut.

You are what you drink, and you're a 'bitter man'.

The climate isn't that tulip from where I'm sitting.

You need to chill out and have a beer Rus. That's what the bench is for !!
        When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Originally posted by Arturo Bassick View Post
          You are asking for a rate rise so you might want to explain why you are worth it. Complaining that someone else is getting more is petty
          Indeed, don't even mention "I've heard fred is getting £x", that is NOT that way to get a rate increase. Neither is market conditions really.

Phone your agent and beforehand look at what you were originally contracted to do and look at what you've done beyond that during your contract i.e. the scope of the project has changed and i'm now doing x,y and z or i'm now acting as senior dev to 3 new contractors etc.

Basically justify it properly and in the context of the work you are doing, not just "I want more money, stamp, stamp".

Comment

Working...
          X