• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

NHS IT System

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by russell View Post
    What technologies where they using, MS,Java? A mix?
    On the core of Spine which I worked on it was Solaris hosting Sun Directory Server/IdM for auth, Sun MQ for messaging, Oracle for DB and Sun App server for application. So Java courtesy of Mastek.

I was in Leeds too, wonder who Dave B actually really is!!??

I actually enjoyed the role but it does make you wonder when you are contacted by the 'Contractor Missing Timesheets Manager' if you were late sumbitting yours...

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
      On the core of Spine which I worked on it was Solaris hosting Sun Directory Server/IdM for auth, Sun MQ for messaging, Oracle for DB and Sun App server for application. So Java courtesy of Mastek.

I actually enjoyed the role but it does make you wonder when you are contacted by the 'Contractor Missing Timesheets Manager' if you were late sumbitting yours...
      I actually know a 'Dave B' who worked on it. But can't be the same one as the one I know is a tossbag

Dave B - Have you ever been known as 'Captain Dave' or 'Captain Pedantic' on your previous roles ?

When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post

Could Be!
        "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
          I actually know a 'Dave B' who worked on it. But can't be the same one as the one I know is a tossbag

Dave B - Have you ever been known as 'Captain Dave' or 'Captain Pedantic' on your previous roles ?

Not to my knowledge

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
            Not to my knowledge
            I'm assuming you're not the one I know as my location and the 'Captain Pedantic' description would give away my identity to you
            When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
              Not to my face
              FTFY
              Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
                I'm assuming you're not the one I know as my location and the 'Captain Pedantic' description would give away my identity to you
                Well neither are ringing any bells at the moment, and I don't recall any dealings with testers or testing in my time at BT

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
                FTFY
                That too

Comment

Working...
                X