• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

14000 lines in one source

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do they taste like chicken?

Comment

To be fair, supermarket chicken breasts are only 40% chicken anyway: they are 30% water and 30% hydrolysed pork protein.

Comment

Lizards taste like chicken. And aligators are a mix of slightly fishy chicken. In actual fact, quite alot of "exotic" cooked flesh tastes of chicken, except for politicians who taste like maggots. I've had Witchetty Grubs in Oz and a mate of mine from Sierra Leon eats locusts.

Here's a possible reason for tastes (if you're as bored as me):

http://www.improb.com/airchives/pape...i4/chicken.htm

hyperD in "hyperD & Lucifier Box exotic food thread" mode
        If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Yes, but why does duck, goose, swan, baby budgies taste so different from chicken?
          Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
          threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by threaded
            Yes, but why does duck, goose, swan, baby budgies taste so different from chicken?
            And why does duck have so much (apparantly disproportionate) fat when cooked? I mean, surely it's the Lizzie Bardsley of the winged world.

(makes nice roast potatoes though...)
            If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Working...
            X