• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

12 Points

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Having watched about 20 minutes, whilst the passion of the fans is admirable, league 1 seems to match the skill levels if either are to compete in English football leagues.
    one day at a time

Comment

Originally posted by oscarose View Post
      Having watched about 20 minutes, whilst the passion of the fans is admirable, league 1 seems to match the skill levels if either are to compete in English football leagues.
      What happened to all that talk about them abandoning their country and joining the English league?

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
        What happened to all that talk about them abandoning their country and joining the English league?
        The realisation that the English league actually doesn't want them.
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

All this talk of Rangers going bust and then joining the English league is tulip, the only reason a club will go under is if HMRC refuse to a CVA, however in England there is a "football creditors" rule which means all footballing debts must be paid in full before anyone else, as such the HMRC will always refuse any CVA's as the deem this is unfair, in Scotland its not a problem as the rule dosen't exist.
          Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
          I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
            All this talk of Rangers going bust and then joining the English league is tulip, the only reason a club will go under is if HMRC refuse to a CVA, however in England there is a "football creditors" rule which means all footballing debts must be paid in full before anyone else, as such the HMRC will always refuse any CVA's as the deem this is unfair, in Scotland its not a problem as the rule dosen't exist.
            No, rangers are going down because they cannot pay 50 milion worth of tax.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
              No, rangers are going down because they cannot pay 50 milion worth of tax.
              They won't have to pay £50m. Firstly there is no verdict from the court case so at the moment they only owe the small tax bill, secondly each consortium bidding to take over have contacted the HMRC and have agreement that a pence in the pound offer of a CVA will be accepted.

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

They won't have to pay £50m. Firstly there is no verdict from the court case so at the moment they only owe the small tax bill, secondly each consortium bidding to take over have contacted the HMRC and have agreement that a pence in the pound offer of a CVA will be accepted.
                Here was me thinking you were a 180 a day perl programmer, I would never have guessed you were in some way involved in a 50 million pound tax case and willing to divulge such sensitive information to the public on how the HRMC will conduct its business on this affair.

How I was wrong.
                Last edited by minestrone; 25 March 2012, 18:50.

Comment

each consortium bidding to take over have contacted the HMRC and have agreement that a pence in the pound offer of a CVA will be accepted.
                  Why would HMRC accept 1% of debts owed to them? With such low payouts might as well bankrupt to make a point, even 10% would be taking the piss kind of offer.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
                    Here was me thinking you were a 180 a day perl programmer, I would never have guessed you were in some way involved in a 50 million pound tax case and willing to divulge such sensitive information to the public on how the HRMC will conduct its business on this affair.

How I was wrong.
                    Its good you will admit you are wrong when the situation warrants, have a listen to this:

BBC - 5 live blog: 5 live Sport special: Rangers - What Next?

The facts are clear the £50m tax case has not been judged on (if it has they are keeping it a secret) so at the moment we owe nothing in that instance, the HMRC have said they are willing to agree a CVA.

The biggest issue now is the money owed to Ticketus, not HMRC, who have said they will agree to a CVA with the only provision that Craig Whyte has nothing to do with the club.
                    Last edited by SimonMac; 25 March 2012, 19:05.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                      Why would HMRC accept 1% of debts owed to them? With such low payouts might as well bankrupt to make a point, even 10% would be taking the piss kind of offer.
                      Same reason any other creditor would, because if they go under they get nothing, HMRC are well versed in accepting CVA's, the only issue in England is the football creditors rule which mean football debts must be paid in full before other creditors, this rules does not exist in Scotland.

http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/helpsheets/vas-factsheet.pdf

Comment

Working...
                      X