• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Photocard licence

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by threaded
    If you drive in Europe, well Denmark for certain, you need the photocard one, and you also need to carry the paper counterpart.

I love whipping it out over here. When peeps look at all the pictures of vehicles I'm allowed to drive they go ooooohhhhh.
    The German police thought (probably still do if I get stopped again) my UK one was strange but pretty good. Firstly they wanted to know where the photo was. Then they wanted to know why it was so large and in a fetching shade of pink and green. The extra pages were for all my traffic endorsments (67 points total on it when I moved here) which they thought was pretty nifty as they only have a credit card sized photo license and your points are held on a big computer in Flensburg. In the old East Germany they used to punch holes for points on your license and the copper remarked that my license would be pretty religious (holey) by now.
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill
      <plop> sound of threaded pulling his head out of his own arse.
      <chomp> sound of threaded eating his pies.<schlump> sound of threaded putting his head back up his own arse.
      Piles?
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by threaded
        I love whipping it out over here. When peeps look at all the pictures of vehicles I'm allowed to drive they go ooooohhhhh.
        Funny enough I had a look at my licence last year and was surprised at what categories I was covered for.

Don't know what you get on passing your test these days, but when I got mine (circa 20 years ago) it's seems I was automatically qualified to drive everything from A to E, with the exception of a 16+ ton tractor/trailer.

PS: I'll leave the whipping it out bit for someone else to comment on...

Comment

Working...
        X