• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Amy Winehouse dead...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Flawed genius?

Personally I thought she was crap. Bottom drawer talent. I never did understand why anyone thought she had talent.

Just another dead druggy I'm afraid.
    WMFS
    Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Comment

I thought she was pretty w@nk and I'm not suprised that she met an early end! Besides being a good advert for the excesses of drug abuse, and at a push, the face for abused ponies everywhere, I can't really say that she's a great loss to me! Obviously she will be for those who were close to her. I never really rated her voice either. Hyped up to the extreme like that other little druggie tw@t on that picture earlier.

At least from her parents point of view, things can't get any worse. It must be horrible watching your kid going through what she put herself through.
      Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

I have just heard that Elton John will be performing at her funeral, he will be doing a rendition of Candle under the spoon

Comment

Originally posted by k2p2 View Post
          You don't wake up one morning and think:

"I'm going to become a drug addict"

any more than you make a conscious decision to become a smoker, or an alcoholic, or obese.

Addiction is an illness, albeit one that could have been avoided if wiser choices had been taken.

If drug addicts deserve what's coming to them, then so do smokers, fatties and boozers.
          Left wing claptrap. Addiction is not an illness despite the liberal whingers introducing the word into their terminology. Making the concious choice to shovel large amounts of drugs into your body until you finally die is not a disease.

Diptheria, typhoid, cholera, pneumonia are diseases. No one has ever had their GP say "Sorry, Mr Jones. I'm afraid that smack-addled junkie that sneezed on you last week has given you their addiction".

Calling addiction an illness is everything that's wrong with society. It immediatly absolves the smack heads and addicts of responsability and turns them into a victim. They're not victims, they're fools.

Comment

Originally posted by Epiphone View Post
            Left wing claptrap. Addiction is not an illness despite the liberal whingers introducing the word into their terminology. Making the concious choice to shovel large amounts of drugs into your body until you finally die is not a disease.

Diptheria, typhoid, cholera, pneumonia are diseases. No one has ever had their GP say "Sorry, Mr Jones. I'm afraid that smack-addled junkie that sneezed on you last week has given you their addiction".

Calling addiction an illness is everything that's wrong with society. It immediatly absolves the smack heads and addicts of responsability and turns them into a victim. They're not victims, they're fools.
            Well said that man.

It is very hard to stop an addiction (I'm still on CUK aren't I) but calling it a disease absolves the person of responsibility and makes it hard for them to do anything about it.
            Last edited by sasguru; 25 July 2011, 12:32.
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

Does this mean I can call the copious amounts of Cake i eat an illness?

Comment

Left wing claptrap
                No it isn't. The connections between upbringing and behaviour is beyond any doubt. I don't say free choice doesn't come into it but is unarguably harder for some than others. The only drug addict I knew well got into it because of severe depression, and that problem wasn't of her choosing.
                bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by Sockpuppet View Post
                  Does this mean I can call the copious amounts of Cake i eat an illness?
                  No, shape up fatty.
                  Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                    No it isn't. The connections between upbringing and behaviour is beyond any doubt. I don't say free choice doesn't come into it but is unarguably harder for some than others. The only drug addict I knew well got into it because of severe depression, and that problem wasn't of her choosing.
                    Not to mention children of addicts who are born with a physical addiction.
                    Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                      Upbringing and genes contribute to behaviour. But it seems behaviour can be controlled by some.
                      If you can show me one piece of evidence why addiction can be called a disease, I'd like to see it.

I speak as someone who's "cured" my addiction to nicotine and reduced drinking to healthy amounts.
                      Hard Brexit now!
                      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                      X